Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sajak takes on M DI BI S  (Read 6996 times)

Matt Ottinger

Sajak takes on M DI BI S
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 12:06:11 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Mar 23 2005, 06:45 PM\']All I can tell you is I covered John Kerry three times and George W. Bush twice - that was the number of times they came here - and played it down the middle both times. And I was accused of bias by supporters of each.[/quote]
And that's how you know you're doing it right!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Matt Ottinger

Sajak takes on M DI BI S
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 12:39:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 24 2005, 12:07 AM\']Matt, when he throws around the word "slanted," Pat's hardly making a subtle point. You're right, I don't watch Fox, although I've heard enough to believe it's not without at least some vitriol. And I agree about Stewart--I was trying in vain to find something on Fox's level. [/quote]
I'm afraid your arguments are moving from being wrong to being dangerous.  You make it clear that you don't watch FOX, both by...well...SAYING so, and by assuming things that are not true, then use those assumptions to advance your argument.   That's dangerous, and of course impossible to argue against.  Sajak's arguments are based on actual examples of what he's talking about.  As I said, I'm sure liberal columnists could write similar articles about right-leaning journalism, but if they did, they would typically give examples.

Look, everybody's "middle" is going to be different, and way too many of us think that OUR middle is exactly where the middle ought to be.  But when it comes to actual reporting -- not the shouting-heads nonsense that ALL the cable nets overdo -- FOX simply isn't some bizarro land of journalistic bastardization.  Yes, it is a more conservative operation than, say, CNN, but another way of saying exactly the same thing is that CNN is more liberal than FOX.  That doesn't make either one any more or less right -- excuse me, "correct" -- and it doesn't make any of the hard-working journalists at either organization any less responsible.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.