Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The most expensive home game...ever!  (Read 2680 times)

alfonzos

The most expensive home game...ever!
« on: March 31, 2005, 03:17:05 PM »
I saw this item in a suburban Los Angeles mall. The price tag read $399.00

http://www.classroomjeopardy.com/

Which begs the question: What was the most expensive home game before this? Matt?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:10:59 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Mar 31 2005, 03:17 PM\']I saw this item in a suburban Los Angeles mall. The price tag read $399.00

http://www.classroomjeopardy.com/[/quote]
If you do some searching online, you can find Classroom Jeopardy! for under $300, as low as $270, I think.  I'm tempted to get CJ! for my classroom, but high school math likely won't work well in a Jeopardy! format.

SamPrainito

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 04:56:29 PM »
This might be stretching the idea of a "home game', but I remember Galoob's "Mr. Game Show" being around $100 when it came out in 1987.  Now you can find them on Ebay for a fraction of that!

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:21:51 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' date=\'Mar 31 2005, 03:17 PM\']Which begs the question: What was the most expensive home game before this? Matt?
[snapback]80076[/snapback]
[/quote]

That would be a difficult one to answer without clarification of what qualifies as a home game. If we include ALL adaptations of game shows, then Super Nintendo versions of Feud, Jeopardy, and Wheel went as high as $60 in some catalogs. If we don't count that then we really can't count Classroom Jeopardy either because it's basically also a video game.

If we're just talking about basic "cardboard-n-plastic crap in a box" home games, I'd say the Password and Match Game Fine Editions from the mid-sixties would be pretty high on the list. According to the Inflation Calculator, today they would each go a little more than $36.

Neumms

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 07:15:16 PM »
Did anyone ever see the bit on SCTV, a commercial featuring a family tired of game show home games that weren't realistic? The solution was a Hollywood Squares home game that involved building a full-size board that extended through the roof of their house. Funny stuff.