Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'To Tell the Truth'  (Read 2561 times)

The Pyramids

'To Tell the Truth'
« on: March 29, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »
The NBC 1990 run that returns next week reminds me a lot of 'The Tonight Show w/ Johnny Carson' at the time.

As one of Mark Goodsons last shows, he clearly was not concerned about new talent or alterations that could have made the show stand out some for new viewers. Likewise the 'Tonight' show at Burbank was nearing the end of its run at the time and was similarly complacent.

I'm not saying it not a bad thing, just that both shows represent a watershed moment before the NBC of the Nineties ('Seinfeld' ,Jay Leno) took hold.

Next Monday I'm most interested in seeing if GSN runs all of the NBC Nineties show, not just the Alex Trebek ones.

zachhoran

'To Tell the Truth'
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 09:04:26 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 08:32 AM\']

Next Monday I'm most interested in seeing if GSN runs all of the NBC Nineties show, not just the Alex Trebek ones.
[snapback]79770[/snapback]
[/quote]

This show, and the 1986-87 syndicated Card Sharks, had short enough runs that it would be nice to have GSN show the whole run before dropping them. When they last aired TTTT90, they showed the Trebek episodes plus a few weeks of Gordon's episodes before dropping it.

Pyramid80

'To Tell the Truth'
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:14:44 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 08:04 AM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 08:32 AM\']

[snapback]79770[/snapback]
[/quote]

This show, and the 1986-87 syndicated Card Sharks, had short enough runs that it would be nice to have GSN show the whole run before dropping them. When they last aired TTTT90, they showed the Trebek episodes plus a few weeks of Gordon's episodes before dropping it.
[snapback]79777[/snapback]
[/quote]
I agree.  I felt the same way about Trivia Trap before it got dropped.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 11:15:01 AM by Pyramid80 »