Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tracking Prime Access 1st-Run Shows  (Read 7249 times)

calliaume

Tracking Prime Access 1st-Run Shows
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 31 2005, 09:33 AM\']I have some New York TVGuides from the '70s that list shows like "Break the Bank", nighttime "Price is Right" and "Match Game PM" on Saturday evenings.
[snapback]80040[/snapback]
[/quote]

WNEW (the predecessor to WNYW) ran Break the Bank and The $128,000 Question in very early access Saturday nights (5:30 to 6:30 p.m., I think) in 1976; The New Truth or Consequences replaced Break the Bank a year later.

WNBC ran The Price Is Right at 7:30 on Saturdays for years.  WCBS usually countered with the new version of Candid Camera.  WABC had The New Dating Game for a year; can't remember what else they ran.  Don't think it was MG PM.

Also seem to remember The Cheap Show on Saturday nights at one point.

tvwxman

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2005, 10:36:34 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 1 2005, 10:08 PM\']
WNEW (the predecessor to WNYW) ran Break the Bank and The $128,000 Question in very early access Saturday nights (5:30 to 6:30 p.m., I think) in 1976; The New Truth or Consequences replaced Break the Bank a year later.
[/quote]

YES! I remember this well...for a game show kid in his (really) early stages, it was the only thing to watch on Saturdays after cartoons....

Didn't they do this years earlier with Dealers Choice as well? I seem to rememeber an early weekend slot for it on Channel 5.

And in 78, does anyone remember Channel 5 airing the new "You Don't Say" on Wednesday nights at 8:30? Wasn't it paired with something else ? I can't remember, but years later upon receiving a copy of the canadian "It's Your Move", I coulda sworn it triggered some long dormant memories....

ms
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 02:07:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Apr 2 2005, 10:36 AM\'][quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 1 2005, 10:08 PM\']
[/quote]

YES! I remember this well...for a game show kid in his (really) early stages, it was the only thing to watch on Saturdays after cartoons....

Didn't they do this years earlier with Dealers Choice as well? I seem to rememeber an early weekend slot for it on Channel 5.

And in 78, does anyone remember Channel 5 airing the new "You Don't Say" on Wednesday nights at 8:30? Wasn't it paired with something else ? I can't remember, but years later upon receiving a copy of the canadian "It's Your Move", I coulda sworn it triggered some long dormant memories....

ms
[snapback]80238[/snapback]
[/quote]

In the 78-79 season, YDS was one of a number of shows occassionally on WPIX sometime between 8pm and 10pm.   TTD, LMAD reruns, TTTT (Garagiola) Make Me Laugh and Celebrity Charades would also fill the slot on weekdays when not preempted by live sports coverage.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:09:53 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

calliaume

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2005, 07:31:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 2 2005, 02:07 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Apr 2 2005, 10:36 AM\']Didn't they do this years earlier with Dealers Choice as well? I seem to rememeber an early weekend slot for it on Channel 5.

[snapback]80238[/snapback]
[/quote]

In the 78-79 season, YDS was one of a number of shows occassionally on WPIX sometime between 8pm and 10pm.   TTD, LMAD reruns, TTTT (Garagiola) Make Me Laugh and Celebrity Charades would also fill the slot on weekdays when not preempted by live sports coverage.
[snapback]80255[/snapback]
[/quote]
I remember You Don't Say on WPIX at 8:30 weeknights for a short time, as well as Make Me Laugh at 11 p.m. (in an attempt to cut down on the number of Odd Couple reruns.  It's possible TTD ran at 8 p.m. weeknights as well.  I don't remember either LMaD or TTTT (which would also have been reruns at that point), but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.  (I do remember WPIX having TTTT sometime around 1974-75, with the show going over to WCBS for the rest of the run... but I think TTTT ran on all six commercial UHF stations in New York at one time or another.

uncamark

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2005, 04:13:21 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Apr 2 2005, 07:31 PM\']I remember You Don't Say on WPIX at 8:30 weeknights for a short time, as well as Make Me Laugh at 11 p.m. (in an attempt to cut down on the number of Odd Couple reruns.  It's possible TTD ran at 8 p.m. weeknights as well.  I don't remember either LMaD or TTTT (which would also have been reruns at that point), but that doesn't mean they didn't happen.  (I do remember WPIX having TTTT sometime around 1974-75, with the show going over to WCBS for the rest of the run... but I think TTTT ran on all six commercial UHF stations in New York at one time or another.
[snapback]80270[/snapback]
[/quote]

Think you meant "VHF"--Other than WLNY, the front channels for pay TV or the shopping channels, there wasn't an English-language commercial station in New York until Guiliani sold WNYC to the Dow Jones/Cablevision combine and it became WBIS (which was later sold to Paxson--it's now a Pax station, the exact call letters of which escape me).

ChuckNet

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2005, 09:04:18 PM »
I have some New York TVGuides from the '70s that list shows like "Break the Bank", nighttime "Price is Right" and "Match Game PM" on Saturday evenings.

$128K Question was seen on Sat nights, as well...in fact, in aired back-to-back from 5:30-6:30 w/BtB on WNEW (Ch. 5, now WNYW)...when BtB tanked, $128K moved up to 6 the following season.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")