Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR questions  (Read 6757 times)

uncamark

TPIR questions
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 05:00:33 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 01:49 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 04:31 AM\'][quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 02:46 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 19 2005, 04:27 PM\']Not that I expect this to change your opinion of the game...but that only happened on its last two playings, and then it was done intentionally.  All through seasons 31 and 32, the first price on each path was also the second price on one of the other paths, and the prices at the end of the paths only appeared once each.
[snapback]78719[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmm, they changed it? That was what made it a decent game, those three prizes forming six choices and the way that all three paths intertwined. That change really hurts the game, if I understand you correctly. That means that at least one of the paths was a dead end right from the start?
[snapback]78861[/snapback]
[/quote]

In answer to the OP, there are no confusing games, just REALLY confused viewers after reading the above posts.

The game has not changed (aside from the price layout on the 'spots') since the original airing.
[snapback]78863[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I have to agree with you TVWxman. Anybody recently watched a Clock Game or Race Game(today) playing? Seems like the old school games are hard to figure out, and the new ones are getting wins. Makes sense(not).

[snapback]80626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Perhaps the odds of getting someone frequently who could play those games in the calm, methodical manner they need to be played are a lot less today than they used to be.  Perhaps the newer games are being formulated to take advantage of the fact that the average contestant is not as bright as they used to be.

I can imagine that when your typical fratboy sees Clock Game coming around--if he even recognizes it--he immediately becomes petrified that it is a game that he'll have to win or lose on his own without the help of his frat buddies in the audience.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 12:21:04 PM by uncamark »

Neumms

TPIR questions
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 08:48:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 01:41 AM\'][quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 21 2005, 07:40 PM\']Perhaps "pastel barffest" is overstating it, but Bob's TPIR wasn't tacky when it started and it sure is now. The doors, the turntable, games such as those mentioned. Yuck!
[/quote]

It wasn't tacky when it started? All right, but I have a strict limit on viewing tan and orange myself.
[snapback]79017[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey now, orange and brown were big back then. And they did paint the whole set two or three years later, only to leave it that way for about 20 years.

zachhoran

TPIR questions
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 10:26:02 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 01:49 PM\']

Yeah, I have to agree with you TVWxman. Anybody recently watched a Clock Game or Race Game(today) playing? Seems like the old school games are hard to figure out, and the new ones are getting wins. Makes sense(not).

[snapback]80626[/snapback]
[/quote]

What about the contestant yesterday who didn't understand the more recent debuted game FLip Flop, pressing the damn price reveal button before flipping, flopping or flip flopping.

BrandonFG

TPIR questions
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2005, 10:50:02 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 09:26 PM\']What about the contestant yesterday who didn't understand the more recent debuted game FLip Flop, pressing the damn price reveal button before flipping, flopping or flip flopping.
[snapback]80691[/snapback]
[/quote]

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7479

You mean Zach actually missed something in the spoiler section? When I requested exiling him from that section, I didn't think he'd take it seriously. :-)

It's a joke, Zach. I even included a smiley face.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Robert Hutchinson

TPIR questions
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 11:17:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 04:00 PM\']I can imagine that when your typical fratboy sees Clock Game coming around--if he even recognizes it--he immediately becomes petrified that is a game that he'll to have win or lose on his own without the help of his frat buddies in the audience.[/quote]

To say nothing of the help of some basic knowledge of mathematics.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin