Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Millionaire is going to be a hoot tomorrow...  (Read 5228 times)

catkins522

Millionaire is going to be a hoot tomorrow...
« on: April 05, 2005, 06:47:57 AM »
This is not a spoiler.  However, during the 1st segment, a gentleman was going to have his first question.  One of the multiple choice answer was a hoot for me and I laughed for several minutes.

So, you may want to tape, DVD, or Tivo for tomorrow's show to get the $100 question and answers.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:45:42 AM »
Just out of curiosity, is "Millionaire" still in reruns?  I know they have been for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been watching.  I was thinking there wouldn't be any new shows until the May sweeps.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 08:47:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 07:45 AM\']Just out of curiosity, is "Millionaire" still in reruns?  I know they have been for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been watching.  I was thinking there wouldn't be any new shows until the May sweeps.
[snapback]80579[/snapback]
[/quote]
They were in reruns the last two weeks(rerunning shows such as Gino White's $250K win and Eddie Timanus's shows where he won $50K). They're back in first-run this week.

catkins522

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 01:50:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 07:47 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 07:45 AM\']Just out of curiosity, is "Millionaire" still in reruns?  I know they have been for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been watching.  I was thinking there wouldn't be any new shows until the May sweeps.
[snapback]80579[/snapback]
[/quote]
They were in reruns the last two weeks(rerunning shows such as Gino White's $250K win and Eddie Timanus's shows where he won $50K). They're back in first-run this week.
[snapback]80580[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is correct.  I think that are doing the first-run until end of May sweeps or June.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

cmjb13

Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

passwordplus

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 02:38:20 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 12:53 PM\']http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...&hl=millionaire
[snapback]80614[/snapback]
[/quote]

Damn, they sure hold these shows for a long time. That taped six months ago? It would be impossible to keep a million dollar win from being "blabbed" for that long(re: Ken Jennings loss on Jeopardy was only a month from tape to broadcast)

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 02:38 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 12:53 PM\']http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...&hl=millionaire
[snapback]80614[/snapback]
[/quote]

Damn, they sure hold these shows for a long time. That taped six months ago? It would be impossible to keep a million dollar win from being "blabbed" for that long(re: Ken Jennings loss on Jeopardy was only a month from tape to broadcast)
[snapback]80621[/snapback]
[/quote]
The show(s) that I attended in mid Nov. don't air, I think until next week or the week after.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 02:55:14 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 07:06:52 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 01:38 PM\']
(re: Ken Jennings loss on Jeopardy was only a month from tape to broadcast)
[snapback]80621[/snapback]
[/quote]

His loss taped in September IIRC, no? His losing show aired on November 30th.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 11:13:04 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 01:38 PM\']Damn, they sure hold these shows for a long time. That taped six months ago? It would be impossible to keep a million dollar win from being "blabbed" for that long(re: Ken Jennings loss on Jeopardy was only a month from tape to broadcast)[/quote]

Just for those with stronger wills, who don't still check to see what Zach says on occasion, he was (cough) correct--Ken's loss was taped several months in advance of its air date.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Little Big Brother

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 12:49:27 AM »

Wasn't there a sizable gap between Nancy Christie's taping and the airing of her win, or at least until Millionaire released that there was going to be a female Millionaire?

uncamark

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 12:19:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 11:49 PM\']

Wasn't there a sizable gap between Nancy Christie's taping and the airing of her win, or at least until Millionaire released that there was going to be a female Millionaire?
[snapback]80719[/snapback]
[/quote]

The difference then and now is that "WWTBAM" was airing the shows out of production order.  Since they told us the air date when I attended the show in September, I assume that they're showing them in production order this season.

The difference is in the way the two shows are taped--"J!" tapes throughout the year with the two days every two weeks, five shows a day taping schedule (with a little more of a backlog to work around vacation times), while "WWTBAM" tapes the entire season in a four-month spurt of four shows a day, three or four days a week.  Under that schedule, it's inevitable that there'll be a delay between taping and telecast, particularly if they are airing the shows in production order this season.

We've already noted that "J!" seems to be taping their Ultimate TofC shows closer to air date than normal (by the appearance of certain recent current events material), a luxury they couldn't afford with Jennings going down--unless you're Dan Enright in 1958, you don't know when any long-running game show champion is going to take the fall, so you stick to normal schedules and face the consequences.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 09:38:25 PM »
Tuned in a bit late, so I didn't see the question/answer that was so funny.  Can someone help me out?
Travis L. Eberle

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 10:38:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 08:38 PM\']Tuned in a bit late, so I didn't see the question/answer that was so funny.  Can someone help me out?
[snapback]80812[/snapback]
[/quote]

$100 question: According to a longstanding custom, who should be evacuated first from a sinking ship?
A. Fathers and Sons B. Women and children. C. Officers and gentlemen
D. Sexy Game Show Hosts.

Frank15

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 11:22:09 PM »
Well, the answer obviously wasn't D, since I'm pretty sure Brooke Burns is about the last person we'd want saved from a sinking ship ;).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 11:33:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Frank15\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 07:22 PM\']Well, the answer obviously wasn't D, since I'm pretty sure Brooke Burns is about the last person we'd want saved from a sinking ship ;).
[snapback]80825[/snapback]
[/quote]

She'd probably float anyway.