Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blockbusters question  (Read 2545 times)

DjohnsonCB

Blockbusters question
« on: April 05, 2005, 11:58:17 PM »
I wasn't home Monday morning to catch GSN's first TTTT (was it the first show after the pilot?) as I planned, so Tuesday was the first chance I had to tune in.  I caught part of Blockbusters with Bill Rafferty and noticed that, although they were down to two contestants (no family pairs), they were still using the five white across vs. four red vertical board.  

By the time I was able to see it on NBC, the board was altered so that four blocks was the minimal number for either white or red (my local NBC affiliate's "handiwork" again; they had been running something of their own in that slot before breaking down and putting it on).  When did the change in the board happen?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

TV Favorites

Blockbusters question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:03:24 AM »
From what I understand, up to 3 games were played...the first player to win 2 games would win the match.  White would have to get five across while red got four.  On game 1, "Player A" would be white and "Player B" would be red.  For game 2, they would switch ("Player B" would be white and "Player A" would be red).   That way, each contestant got the advantage once.  If by chance each contestant won a game, then a tiebreaker with four hexagons both across and vertical were used.

teddygrammm

Blockbusters question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 12:04:57 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they used the 5x4 board for the first two rounds, first giving the challenger the advantage, then the champion, and then if a tiebreaker was necessary they switched to the 4x4 board.

jmangin

Blockbusters question
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 12:26:08 AM »
Actually, each contestant maintained their color for the whole game...the colors on the board switched directions after game 1 (i.e. white had to make a path across in game one, up and down in game two).

You're correct about the tiebreaker match--neither player had an advantage.