Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Backstage shots  (Read 4992 times)

dizzy

Backstage shots
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 03:05:28 AM »
It seems that Set pieces from Certain Game Shows do deserve to be saved. Five memorable pieces that I think should be placed in a Museum would be

1. Family Feud face Off Podium.
2. Price Is Right Wheel when show is retired.
3. Super Match Wall from Match Game.
4. Paul Lynde Square from Hollywood Squares
5. Original Wheel Of Fortune letter Board.

To bad there isn't a Museum of Television Game Shows. That would be just to cool! Hollywood does throw away way to many things though. It's not a game show, but how many times have they had to rebuild the "Brady Bunch" set? When you factor in the original series, subsequent spin offs, specials and Movies it must be close to 10!  Damn, sometimes it's better to just store this stuff away.

Dizzy

dazztardly

Backstage shots
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 02:05 AM\']It seems that Set pieces from Certain Game Shows do deserve to be saved. Five memorable pieces that I think should be placed in a Museum would be

1. Family Feud face Off Podium.
2. Price Is Right Wheel when show is retired.
3. Super Match Wall from Match Game.
4. Paul Lynde Square from Hollywood Squares
5. Original Wheel Of Fortune letter Board.

To bad there isn't a Museum of Television Game Shows. That would be just to cool! Hollywood does throw away way to many things though. It's not a game show, but how many times have they had to rebuild the "Brady Bunch" set? When you factor in the original series, subsequent spin offs, specials and Movies it must be close to 10!  Damn, sometimes it's better to just store this stuff away.

Dizzy
[snapback]81472[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to Brad Francini's website, the original puzzleboard as it looked in 1997, now resides in the Smithsonian Institution.

-Dan

johnnyd1788

Backstage shots
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 08:23:08 PM »
I wish they would display that puzzle board. I would fly overnight to see it at the museum.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 08:23:16 PM by johnnyd1788 »

dizzy

Backstage shots
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2005, 09:25:14 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 07:23 PM\']I wish they would display that puzzle board. I would fly overnight to see it at the museum.
[snapback]81546[/snapback]
[/quote]

How about flying out to Culver City and watch the new one being used? That would probably be more fun!

Dizzy

cmjb13

Backstage shots
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »
I never new the Old Navy spots featured the actual Combs set. I always thought they had built a different set and the original one was trashed long ago.

I'm wondering why they even kept this in storage. Maybe because it was the last show under Goodson before the company was sold?

Speaking of sets, I had always thought that the Bente 94 set was the actual Comb's set, just redone.

Did they use the whole Nashville set for Feud 94? I had thought they only used the game board for that.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS