Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hoosier Millionaire may be canceled...  (Read 4755 times)

brianhenke

Hoosier Millionaire may be canceled...
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:22:46 PM »
The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer - not because of low ratings, but due to diminishing profits. Lottery officials hope that a bingo lottery game will become a hit to save the show.

WNDU-TV story

The Munster Times has a longer story, but the URL is so long. Go to Google News and type in "Hoosier Millionaire" and scroll down, and click the article on top to read it. It says that four states still carry lottery-based game shows - California, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.  The Wisconsin show is no longer on the air.

Brian

Indianapolis is the capital of Michigan?
The leaves start to change color in May?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:45:30 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:22 PM\']The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer[/quote]
Oh, darn. What does this leave you to post about?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

joshg

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »
47. Get Indiana Lottery Show Canceled
(checks off box)
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

catkins522

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 08:07:34 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:22 PM\']The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer - not because of low ratings, but due to diminishing profits. Lottery officials hope that a bingo lottery game will become a hit to save the show.
[/quote]

Oh no!  Bring back Mark and Barbara!  

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 06:45 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:22 PM\']The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer[/quote]
[snapback]81535[/snapback]
[/quote]

Every obscure time a game show is mentioned anywhere in the world.

brianhenke

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:53:16 PM »
Speaking of the remaining lottery game shows, Ohio Lottery Cash Explosion Double Play's Match 3 is now a two-player game (day's champ vs. defending champion) instead of three. As a result, there are only six spaces on the board, not nine.

Brian

Poland is the nation directly south of Canada?

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 12:18:48 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 07:26 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 06:45 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:22 PM\']The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer[/quote]
[/quote]

Every obscure time a game show is mentioned anywhere in the world.
[snapback]81549[/snapback]
[/quote]

Either that, or bringing up a celebrity that's in the news, just because they were a puzzle on Wheel.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 12:19:26 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 12 2005, 12:18 AM\']
Either that, or bringing up a celebrity that's in the news, just because they were a puzzle on Wheel.
[snapback]81573[/snapback]
[/quote]

Or when there's a NASCAR reference on Wheel.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 12:20:01 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 08:53 PM\']Speaking of the remaining lottery game shows, Ohio Lottery Cash Explosion Double Play's Match 3 is now a two-player game (day's champ vs. defending champion) instead of three. As a result, there are only six spaces on the board, not nine.
[snapback]81558[/snapback]
[/quote]

And the crickets still chirp.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 01:20:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:45 PM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 05:22 PM\']The Hoosier Lottery may cancel Hoosier Millionaire this summer[/quote]
[/quote]

Evidently, Cash Explosion Double Play.  Damn.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 10:44:36 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 09:53 PM\']Speaking of the remaining lottery game shows, Ohio Lottery Cash Explosion Double Play's Match 3 is now a two-player game (day's champ vs. defending champion) instead of three. As a result, there are only six spaces on the board, not nine.[/quote]
When did this happen and how do they determine the day's champ, since there are two winners among the new contestants each show?

That show's going down the crapper on a week-by-week basis...

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 11:04:31 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Apr 12 2005, 09:44 AM\'][quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 11 2005, 09:53 PM\']Speaking of the remaining lottery game shows, Ohio Lottery Cash Explosion Double Play's Match 3 is now a two-player game (day's champ vs. defending champion) instead of three. As a result, there are only six spaces on the board, not nine.[/quote]
When did this happen and how do they determine the day's champ, since there are two winners among the new contestants each show?
That show's going down the crapper on a week-by-week basis...
[snapback]81594[/snapback]
[/quote]
Leilani Voice and Michelle Hair. Bad combo. Very bad combo.
Now then. About the alleged Cash Explosion Double Play revised set of regulations: I saw the show this past Saturday (one half hour after Orange from Pepper Pike won their Academic Challenge game with 730 points) and there were three people playing that final round--one of which earned $200,000. NOW! This does mean that next week there will be two players in the finish because the $200K champ left undefeated but I believe it'll be back to three the following Saturday.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 11:36:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Apr 12 2005, 11:04 AM\']Now then. About the alleged Cash Explosion Double Play revised set of regulations: I saw the show this past Saturday (one half hour after Orange from Pepper Pike won their Academic Challenge game with 730 points) and there were three people playing that final round--one of which earned $200,000. NOW! This does mean that next week there will be two players in the finish because the $200K champ left undefeated but I believe it'll be back to three the following Saturday.[/quote]
Thank you for confirming that there have been no changes, despite what our misguided colleague from the south posted.

In case you didn't see Sunday's episode (pushed up due to Pope John Paul II's passing the previous Saturday), Gilmour Academy, also located in beautiful Pepper Pike, won with 740 points.

brianhenke

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 02:07:36 PM »
I'm not generally at a TV at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night, but I did see the two-player Match 3.  When I saw that, I thought, "Ought-oh! They're screwing it up even more!"

Sorry about that.

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 02:51:53 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Apr 12 2005, 01:07 PM\']I'm not generally at a TV at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night, but I did see the two-player Match 3.  When I saw that, I thought, "Ought-oh! They're screwing it up even more!"
[/quote]
So you didn't see the episode in question, but you made an assumption; and a rather poor one, at that?

Go back to bothering rec.sport.nascar.
--Mark
Phil 4:13