Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's coming...  (Read 7364 times)

JMFabiano

It's coming...
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:01:32 PM »
Well I see PW+ is on what is quite possibly THAT Betty White/Dick Martin week.  I probably missed someone saying so, but which is the target day for the blooper episode?  

BTW, nice opening for today's ep, with Betty's ovation and news on Allen.  Too bad things wouldn't be looking up from then on in...

EDIT: Damn, didn't pay attention to which board I was posting to.  Guess this'll be moved to GSN.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 08:02:26 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

GS Warehouse

It's coming...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:52:31 PM »
I really hope it wasn't today.  Because the power company was replacing a fraid wire outside my house this morning, I had no electricity.  If they had arrived during Newlywed Game, I wouldn't have minded.

MikeK

• Martha!
It's coming...
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 11:07:07 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 10:52 PM\']I really hope it wasn't today.  Because the power company was replacing a fraid wire outside my house this morning, I had no electricity.  If they had arrived during Newlywed Game, I wouldn't have minded.[/quote]
It didn't air today.  It appears that French/France happened on the 5th episode that week.  Thus, it should air on Wednesday 4/20.

Robert Hutchinson

It's coming...
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:45:33 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 10:07 PM\']It didn't air today.  It appears that French/France happened on the 5th episode that week.  Thus, it should air on Wednesday 4/20.[/quote]

All right, now, that's quite enough--

. . . oh, wait, that's the actual date. Sorry.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JMFabiano

It's coming...
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 02:38:33 PM »
Roughly on the topic, looking at the MG.org episode guide, I see that the week after this will be an all-star week, and then Bill Cullen and Susan Richardson after that.  The thing is, Tom said Bill would be on the following week (in response to "Blockbusters" being the subject of a puzzle).  Anyone know what the deal was?  

Some more Password: Having just watched some of SP, I am also wondering why they lost the pass/play rule.  On PW+ it was NOT as useless as the FF option.

michaellinn

It's coming...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 03:49:03 PM »
Tom made the correction on today's episode. He said on today's ep that Bill would actually be on as a guest in two weeks.

melman1

It's coming...
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 07:48:11 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 11:38 AM\']Some more Password: Having just watched some of SP, I am also wondering why they lost the pass/play rule.  On PW+ it was NOT as useless as the FF option.
[/quote]
OK, I was with you right till the end.  What is the "FF option"?

Isn't the pass/play option what made Password, "Password"?  Otherwise, it's just "guess the secret word".
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

zachhoran

It's coming...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 08:34:53 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 06:48 PM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 11:38 AM\']Some more Password: Having just watched some of SP, I am also wondering why they lost the pass/play rule.  On PW+ it was NOT as useless as the FF option.
[/quote]

[snapback]82056[/snapback]
[/quote]
FF Option refers to the pass or play option from Family Feud(Dawson and Anderson/Karn)

JMFabiano

It's coming...
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 01:50:02 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 07:34 PM\'][quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 06:48 PM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 15 2005, 11:38 AM\']Some more Password: Having just watched some of SP, I am also wondering why they lost the pass/play rule.  On PW+ it was NOT as useless as the FF option.
[/quote]

[snapback]82056[/snapback]
[/quote]
FF Option refers to the pass or play option from Family Feud(Dawson and Anderson/Karn)
[snapback]82058[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, what he said.  Sorry it didn't come off better in my phrasing.  The pass/play option, while not always utilized in FF, was a big part of strategy on Password.  Which is why I was curious about it being omitted when SP came along.

Gromit

It's coming...
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 02:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 08:07 PM\']It didn't air today.  It appears that French/France happened on the 5th episode that week.  Thus, it should air on Wednesday 4/20.
[snapback]81968[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did we miss it? We had Tom Poston on today.

I don't even know what the event is supposed to be, but I was looking forward to it.

Pyramid80

It's coming...
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 02:40:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 19 2005, 01:33 PM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 08:07 PM\']It didn't air today.  It appears that French/France happened on the 5th episode that week.  Thus, it should air on Wednesday 4/20.
[snapback]81968[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did we miss it? We had Tom Poston on today.

I don't even know what the event is supposed to be, but I was looking forward to it.
[snapback]82478[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, we haven't missed it.  It is Password Plus, not Super Password that the French/France incident took place on.

Gromit

It's coming...
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 07:23:24 PM »
Ah, thanks. I guess I should be turning the tv on at a different time then, huh? :)

GS Warehouse

It's coming...
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 09:34:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 19 2005, 06:23 PM\']Ah, thanks. I guess I should be turning the tv on at a different time then, huh? :)
[snapback]82528[/snapback]
[/quote]
Audience...

PLAYS...OF...THE WEEK!

Oops, that was the Sportscenter audience. :-)

LINE
OF THE
DAY!

So it should be coming up tomorrow morning, then.  I thought there would be two more games as I had thought that current champ Kathy Cortez was Betty's partner, but now I remember that she was Dick's partner in that clip--Betty had the new challenger.

"Allen doesn't know what trouble he's in!"

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
It's coming...
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 11:11:58 AM »
I'm watching it now...very very confusing episode at this point, mainly because of the massive tape edits, but why did the champ play Alphabetics so quickly?

zachhoran

It's coming...
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 11:31:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:11 AM\']I'm watching it now...very very confusing episode at this point, mainly because of the massive tape edits, but why did the champ play Alphabetics so quickly?
[snapback]82633[/snapback]
[/quote]

go to http://www.gameshowutopia.com/francefrench.htm for background and a bit of a synopsis of this episode up until the guess for the puzzle from the password French. Following this, Dick gives yet another illegal clue for "lost". Then for the password "head", Betty says "pate" and Sherrie says "chopped liver" as in the spread pronounced Pa-Tay. Sherrie finally solves the puzzle from French, Revolution, Lost, Head and Queen(Marie Antoinette). Champion Kathy wins the second puzzle as Dick guesses it as Waterbed. The game is tied $100-$100. An all-star week begins tomorrow with David Doyle, Dick Gautier, Gina Hecht, and the recently-deceased Debralee Scott. Does anyone remember who the two contestants will be on the SUsan Richardson/Bill Cullen show that follows the celeb week? Will it be the challenger in the France/French game facing Kathy, or the dude that lost the match that started the show due in part to the illegal clue for "Oasis"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:46:16 AM by zachhoran »