Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's coming...  (Read 7365 times)

AH3RD

It's coming...
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 11:36:27 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:31 AM\']go to http://www.gameshowutopia.com/francefrench.htm for background and a bit of a synopsis of this episode up until the guess for the puzzle from the password French.
[snapback]82634[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I saw on that page was Bill Cullen on Blockbusters giving a raspberry...
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

zachhoran

It's coming...
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 11:43:49 AM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:36 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:31 AM\']go to http://www.gameshowutopia.com/francefrench.htm for background and a bit of a synopsis of this episode up until the guess for the puzzle from the password French.
[snapback]82634[/snapback]
[/quote]

All I saw on that page was Bill Cullen on Blockbusters giving a raspberry...
[snapback]82635[/snapback]
[/quote]

I saw that Cullen pic the first time I tried my link. I then deleted the L in HTML and the France/French page pops up.

AH3RD

It's coming...
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 12:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:43 AM\']I saw that Cullen pic the first time I tried my link. I then deleted the L in HTML and the France/French page pops up.
[snapback]82638[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, okay. I can see it now. Thanks.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

Brakus

It's coming...
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 02:37:49 AM »
I have encoded a nice copy of the France-French incident.... if you're interested I have it on a yousendit.com link, so check it out -- and hurry, because the link will expire in 7 days or for a limited number of downloads.

France-French Incident!

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 02:38:27 AM by Brakus »
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

WhammyPower

It's coming...
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 10:00:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 12:37 AM\']I have encoded a nice copy of the France-French incident.... if you're interested I have it on a yousendit.com link, so check it out -- and hurry, because the link will expire in 7 days or for a limited number of downloads.

France-French Incident!

Enjoy.
[snapback]82719[/snapback]
[/quote]
And when the Yousendit runs out, I posted the clip on my site.  See siggy for the link.

Clay Zambo

It's coming...
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 10:51:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 10:11 AM\']... but why did the champ play Alphabetics so quickly?
[snapback]82633[/snapback]
[/quote]

Because she wanted to win $5,000?  :)
czambo@mac.com

Clay Zambo

It's coming...
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 10:54:20 AM »
Concerning the "OASIS" portion of this incident: I'm a little confused as to why the fellow who was "disadvantaged" because of the illegal clue being accepted would be brought back for a future episode.   Why didn't they just keep him for the game immediately following Kathy's "OASIS" win?  (There was an edit in the GSN version just coming back from commercial; this may have been explained in the full version and I'm hoping one of you who've seen the real thing might know.)
czambo@mac.com

Brakus

It's coming...
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 10:54:43 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 09:00 AM\'][quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 12:37 AM\']I have encoded a nice copy of the France-French incident.... if you're interested I have it on a yousendit.com link, so check it out -- and hurry, because the link will expire in 7 days or for a limited number of downloads.

France-French Incident!

Enjoy.
[snapback]82719[/snapback]
[/quote]
And when the Yousendit runs out, I posted the clip on my site.  See siggy for the link.
[snapback]82729[/snapback]
[/quote]

I did not intend for the clip to be propogated further than the immediate circle we have here on the board. If you can please take down the download link from your site after a few days, I'd greatly appreciate it.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

Clay Zambo

It's coming...
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 07:01 PM\']BTW, nice opening for today's ep, with Betty's ovation and news on Allen.  Too bad things wouldn't be looking up from then on in...
[snapback]81943[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, quite possibly my favorite thing about Tom's guest-hosting is his saying, "Hi, Allen," during his entrance every day.  It's a class act.   I don't know if Kennedy and Ludden were friends off-screen, but whether or not Tom knew Allen wouldn't be able to return, he respected the latter's preeminence as "Password" host.

It's also a nice echo of Allen's "Hi, doll" greeting to his mother(-in-law?).
czambo@mac.com

uncamark

It's coming...
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2005, 04:14:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 10:10 AM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 14 2005, 07:01 PM\']BTW, nice opening for today's ep, with Betty's ovation and news on Allen.  Too bad things wouldn't be looking up from then on in...
[snapback]81943[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, quite possibly my favorite thing about Tom's guest-hosting is his saying, "Hi, Allen," during his entrance every day.  It's a class act.   I don't know if Kennedy and Ludden were friends off-screen, but whether or not Tom knew Allen wouldn't be able to return, he respected the latter's preeminence as "Password" host.
[snapback]82734[/snapback]
[/quote]

Supposedly, they were good friends off-camera.  Tom did ABC "Password" more times than even required for the host of "Split Second," the show that came on after "Password."  When "Stumpers!" and "50 Grand Slam" were on NBC back-to-back, they readily agreed to promo the shows together, including Kennedy doing a walk-on on the first "Stumpers!"  All the help that gave both shows.

melman1

It's coming...
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 04:17:56 PM »
As "incidents" go, was this really that big of a deal?  I was almost embarrassed for TK... he and Martin were acting like they were on Match Game after the infamous "dinner break" where everyone had a bit too much "club soda" to drink.  But if they were sober, they were just acting like idiots.

[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 08:31 AM\']An all-star week begins tomorrow with David Doyle, Dick Gautier, Gina Hecht, and the recently-deceased Debralee Scott. Does anyone remember who the two contestants will be on the SUsan Richardson/Bill Cullen show that follows the celeb week?
[/quote]Only because I haven't seen it posted, today's ep was with Richardson and Bill.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 04:19:49 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
It's coming...
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 01:14 PM\']Supposedly, they were good friends off-camera.
[/quote]
While I don't doubt you, I find it interesting (and yes, ironic) that the two hosts of Password and You Don't Say would in fact be good friends. You'd think they'd be fierce rivals. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

It's coming...
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2005, 05:41:38 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 03:17 PM\']As "incidents" go, was this really that big of a deal?  I was almost embarrassed for TK... ... if they were sober, they were just acting like idiots.[/quote]

Watching it, I thought, "Gee, if that happened on a show today, this board would have the host run out of town on a rail."  And I'm surprised they left it all in, but I was amused to see it.

I'm willing to bet it was toward the end of a long tape day, and everybody was in that dog-tired "everything seems funnier than it is" state.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
It's coming...
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2005, 05:45:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 02:41 PM\']"Gee, if that happened on a show today, this board would have the host run out of town on a rail."
[/quote]
The difference being, if it had happened today, the host prolly would have been some overbearing hack in the Frank Nicotero mold, and not Tom Kennedy. :)

(Well, maybe it woulda been Woolery. Buf if it had been Woolery it prolly would be tolerated too. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
It's coming...
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2005, 08:59:06 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 03:17 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 08:31 AM\']An all-star week begins tomorrow with David Doyle, Dick Gautier, Gina Hecht, and the recently-deceased Debralee Scott. Does anyone remember who the two contestants will be on the SUsan Richardson/Bill Cullen show that follows the celeb week?
[/quote]Only because I haven't seen it posted, today's ep was with Richardson and Bill.
[snapback]82755[/snapback]
[/quote]
And the contestants were the same as the Betty White/Dick Martin week finale.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)