Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sesame Street, brought to you by...  (Read 4773 times)

Gromit

Sesame Street, brought to you by...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 04:01:57 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 01:19 PM\']Uh, he also performs Oscar the Grouch.  Oscar ain't no girl.  :)
[snapback]82757[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well fine, but they never made a movie about Oscar, so I never knew that. :)

It's just one of those strange holes in my upbringing, I knew who was the voice of every single character on the Muppet Show, but not for Sesame St.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2005, 05:20:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 01:01 AM\']It's just one of those strange holes in my upbringing, I knew who was the voice of every single character on the Muppet Show, but not for Sesame St.
[snapback]82989[/snapback]
[/quote]
Could be an age thing, too. Lotta you young whippersnappers grew up on The Muppets more than you did Sesame Street.

ObGS: Kermit The Frog was on HS. One of the other stars was doing a mic check, and counting: "One, two, three, four." Without missing a beat, Kermit comments: "I taught him that." :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2005, 05:46:08 AM »
Just an off topic reply... as evidenced by a skit with Ernie and Elmo singing about sharing, NOBODY should attempt to sing harmony with Elmo. The song sounds like a vocal train wreck.

Speaking of Kermit the Frog, are his bits still featured on Sesame Street? I know they haven't done any new Kermit bits for a while. I think children are deprived not having a character like Kermit on the show.

If I could be on Sesame Street, I'd love to do a skit with Herry Monster. He was always one of my favorite muppets, and one of the most underused.

Back to game shows, does anyone know if Frank Oz did Miss Piggy's voice for the appearances she and Kermit made on HS? I know Frank Oz retired from Sesame Street, but I don't know if that also meant he handed Miss Piggy over to someone else.

DYosua

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 05:46 AM\']Back to game shows, does anyone know if Frank Oz did Miss Piggy's voice for the appearances she and Kermit made on HS? I know Frank Oz retired from Sesame Street, but I don't know if that also meant he handed Miss Piggy over to someone else.
[snapback]82997[/snapback]
[/quote]
The IMDB doesn't say who did (like that's a reputable source anyway!), but my guess it would have been Eric Jacobsen, who has also taken over most of Frank's voices on Sesame Street (except for Cookie Monster, who is played by David Rudman).  Eric does a passable job on the voices, but he hasn't really learned to fully control the characters yet - especially when it comes to ad-libbing/vocal inflections (his Bert/Fozzie is a good example).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 01:39:09 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 02:46 AM\']Just an off topic reply... as evidenced by a skit with Ernie and Elmo singing about sharing, NOBODY should attempt to sing harmony with Elmo. The song sounds like a vocal train wreck.
[/quote]

I think a lot of the muppets had...how you say...less than stellar singing abilities. That's why I'm so glad the Carpenters covered two of their songs. ("Sing" and "The Rainbow Connection")

Although, I've always found the Muppets' performance of Kokomo to be superior. :)

[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 02:20 AM\']Could be an age thing, too. Lotta you young whippersnappers grew up on The Muppets more than you did Sesame Street.[/quote]

Exactly. I've never been a die-hard fan of Sesame Street, but I could watch The Muppet Show for HOURS on end.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 02:16:08 PM by whoserman »