Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Carrot in front of GSN  (Read 8700 times)

The Pyramids

Carrot in front of GSN
« on: April 21, 2005, 07:23:07 PM »
W/ the news of the end of entertainment programming comming to an end on PAX 'Pyramid' (and I suppose Freemantle 'Feud') may be up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens.

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:27:25 PM »
IMO, I highly doubt the Pax shows will come to GSN.

(and when I saw the title of this thread, I was like "Ok, what in the world is GSN up to now?"  lol)
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

JMFabiano

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 07:29:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 06:23 PM\']W/ the news of the end of entertainment programming comming to an end on PAX 'Pyramid' (and I suppose Freemantle 'Feud') may be up for grabs.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens.
[snapback]82786[/snapback]
[/quote]

...but better if anything DOESN'T happen (with GSN improved now, we don't need hairbrained judges and DOUBLING THE POINTS~! infesting them)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 07:29:56 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

StevensM

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:35:27 PM »
[quote name=\'RobertSearcy\' date=\'Apr 21 2005, 06:27 PM\']IMO, I highly doubt the Pax shows will come to GSN.

(and when I saw the title of this thread, I was like "Ok, what in the world is GSN up to now?"  lol)
[snapback]82787[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't consider Pyramid & Family Feud "PAX shows", since they originally aired in syndication and are only repeated on PAX.  The primetime version of Weakest Link repeated on PAX before it came to GSN, but that was still an NBC show.  I would consider the later editions of Supermarket Sweep & Shop 'til You Drop along with On the Cover & Balderdash to be PAX shows.  I don't expect those to come to GSN anytime soon.

Anyway, I don't think that the new Family Feud will come to GSN quickly because stations in some localities (like where I live) repeat episodes of the show already.  I don't know about Pyramid; I think that would probably have a better chance of making it to GSN though I wouldn't count on it happening.

xibit777

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 08:58:10 AM »
I hope not.  If these shows couldn't keep PAX alive, why would they be beneficial for GSN?  

We already have a better Family Feud and Pyramid.  In fact, if GSN wanted to spend money on Pyramid, why not lease the 25,000 dollar Pyramid again.  That beats the new Pyramid hands down.  

Regarding the Feud, GSN has so many seasons of Feud since there are nighttime and daytime versions and Dawson and Combs.  How many seasons is that?   And they only run 3 seasons at a time.   So they don't need any more Feud.   Rerun abuse will never happen with Feud.

Ian Wallis

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 09:01:47 AM »
I could see "Pyramid" on GSN.  Whether we like Osmond's verison or not, given their track record for acquiring more recent shows, this would probably be a good fit for them.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 12:22:25 PM »
I disagree.  Given that it comes from SPE; and the seemingly "difficult" track record GSN has had recently in getting Sony shows; I doubt it will be coughed up.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Red

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 06:31:51 PM »
I really want Supermarket Sweep on GSN. I really enjoyed SS.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 06:34:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Red\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 05:31 PM\']I really want Supermarket Sweep on GSN. I really enjoyed SS.
[snapback]82924[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wouldn't hold your breath Red.  I just can't imagine SS going to GSN, despite how much I too like Sweep and hearing Randy West calling the action in the Big Sweep.
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

The Pyramids

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 09:56:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 08:01 AM\']I could see "Pyramid" on GSN.  Whether we like Osmond's verison or not, given their track record for acquiring more recent shows, this would probably be a good fit for them.
[snapback]82843[/snapback]
[/quote]

I hope this 'Men of GSN' line-up continues for a long time. Introducing both 'Donny'
 and also 'Tom' to it would give it a nice contemporary touch-up.

aaron sica

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 11:07:07 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 09:56 AM\']
I hope this 'Men of GSN' line-up continues for a long time. Introducing both 'Donny'
 and also 'Tom' to it would give it a nice contemporary touch-up.
[snapback]83012[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm still just happy that GSN plugs their classic lineup..

saussage

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 07:58:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Red\' date=\'Apr 22 2005, 05:31 PM\']I really want Supermarket Sweep on GSN. I really enjoyed SS.
[snapback]82924[/snapback]
[/quote]
This may sound like a really stupid question but which version of SS would you want to see on GSN? I didn't know until recently that there were a few versions of this gameshow floating around. Since I'm Canadian, I only know the Canadian syndicated version which aired in the early 90's. I would like GSN to air that version (although I believe Prime still has the tapes but doesn't air them on their schedule currently). I never saw any of the other versions. Which version is the best or are they all good?

Saussage
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

sshuffield70

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 12:17:03 AM »
Well, SS pretty much ran as one show that was broken up by being on three different networks.  It had been on Lifetime, even paired with STYD in the 6 PM ET hour, for most of its' Lifetime run as well as PAX.  Over 1000 eps of this run (1990-2004) were made.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 12:17:33 AM by sshuffield70 »

zachhoran

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 09:07:59 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 23 2005, 11:17 PM\']Well, SS pretty much ran as one show that was broken up by being on three different networks.  It had been on Lifetime, even paired with STYD in the 6 PM ET hour, for most of its' Lifetime run as well as PAX.  Over 1000 eps of this run (1990-2004) were made.
[snapback]83094[/snapback]
[/quote]

What was the third station Sweep aired on? It did have a trial run in syndication in 1995 on a few stations(reruns of the Lifetime run).

sshuffield70

Carrot in front of GSN
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 01:55:40 PM »
IIRC, Family Channel, though not necessarily at 6.