Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that have announcers introduce the players  (Read 5162 times)

irismason42

Shows that have announcers introduce the players
« on: May 01, 2005, 08:37:44 PM »
Now we get to talk about what shows that had the announcers introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode, Now I know that The Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough and Play The Percentages let the announcers introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode as well as The Price Is Right and Now You See It when they started straddling and Double Dare from the '70s CBS version. Now were there any more shows that feature the announcer introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:43:03 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'May 1 2005, 07:37 PM\']Now we get to talk about what shows that had the announcers introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode, Now I know that The Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough and Play The Percentages let the announcers introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode as well as The Price Is Right and Now You See It when they started straddling and Double Dare from the '70s CBS version. Now were there any more shows that feature the announcer introduce the contestants in the middle of the episode?
[snapback]84041[/snapback]
[/quote]

Bullseye(civilian), Bumper Stumpers, and H2 are three more.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 08:45:52 PM »
If I may, I'll see if I can translate that post for Iris, because this could actually be a good topic.
-------
What are some shows that had the announcers introduce the contestants rather than the host? Here are some:

The Joker's Wild
Tic Tac Dough
Play the Percentages
TPiR
Now You See It
Double Dare '70s
------

To that, I will add Jeopardy and H2.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 08:45:56 PM »
Attention, advertisers: You, too, can reach this prime demographic.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 09:04:49 PM »
3aC had intros at the top and the middle IIRC.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tony

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 09:14:26 PM »
When did Squares have an announcer introduce the contestants?  Didn't the announcer only introduce the celebs?

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 09:17:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'May 1 2005, 08:14 PM\']When did Squares have an announcer introduce the contestants?  Didn't the announcer only introduce the celebs?
[snapback]84049[/snapback]
[/quote]

During the final season, when they went to the 2-out-of-3 format. Most of the time, after the bonus round, John Moschitta would intro the next contestant, as Tom and the contestant walked back to the podia.

To answer Iris' question (one way or another), there was also Scrabble.

EDIT: Iris mentioned TPiR in that one sentence disguised as a paragraph. I never was good at playing "Now You See It." :-P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 09:21:21 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

irismason42

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 09:27:32 PM »
Actually, Jeopardy! did have the announcer introduce the contestants except they only introduce the contestants at the very beginning of each episode.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 09:57:44 PM »
wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DJDustman

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 12:33:22 AM »
If you count Salli/Lee/Summer announcing the contestants as they walked in or were already seated, then yeah, Sale of the Century :).

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 04:15:00 AM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'May 1 2005, 11:33 PM\']If you count Salli/Lee/Summer announcing the contestants as they walked in or were already seated, then yeah, Sale of the Century :).
[snapback]84068[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wouldn't count that because the topic was looking for announcers introing the contestants during an episode.

During the 80's run, the announcer(usually Bob Hilton) would announce the 4 couples that appeared on the start of each Newlywed Game episode.

GSCrank

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »
If this counts, Family Feud Challenge.  Gene introducing the champs at the beginning of the second half hour.

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 2 2005, 03:15 AM\']During the 80's run, the announcer(usually Bob Hilton) would announce the 4 couples that appeared on the start of each Newlywed Game episode.
[snapback]84070[/snapback]
[/quote]

Except for the 1996 Gary Kroeger season (no announcer) and maybe the one season with Paul Rodriguez, all of the NG's had an announcer intro the couple.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 11:42:56 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 2 2005, 10:20 AM\']
Except for the 1996 Gary Kroeger season (no announcer) and maybe the one season with Paul Rodriguez, all of the NG's had an announcer intro the couple.
[snapback]84091[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ellen K was listed in the credits as the 1996 NG's announcer, but I don't recall her doing much voicing.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 11:45:32 AM »
[quote name=\'GSCrank\' date=\'May 2 2005, 03:24 AM\']If this counts, Family Feud Challenge.  Gene introducing the champs at the beginning of the second half hour.
[snapback]84071[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't see why it wouldn't.  Didn't Gene name the family members one-by-one at the top of most FF episodes (either Dawson or Combs), except for a couple of seasons where he just said "The (surname) Family" followed by the "Ready for action" or "On your marks"?  Even if Richard or Ray went ahead and reintroduced the family members, they were still introed by Wood.

And $otC only counts for the champion being introed by Jay Stewart or Don Morrow at the top of the show--the trifecta of Summer/Sally/Lee was more assistant than announcer.  JMHO.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)