Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cashword Question  (Read 5660 times)

wschmrdr

Cashword Question
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 02:54:29 PM »
I know in the Super Password bonus round, they changed the rules from P+ so that if you gave an illegal clue, just like Pyramid, you forfeit the chance at the big money. I would think they'd do the same with the Cashword.

pyrfan

Cashword Question
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 06:05:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:13 AM\']
As for Stewart and "Pyramid," five words--Jimmie "J.J." "Kid Dyn-O-Mite" Walker.  Ten contestants went to their doom the one week he was on "$20K" thanks to him.  By the end, I'm sure the people in the pool was hoping that they'd win the $10,000 with Anita Gilette and get the hell out.
[snapback]84335[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought his opponent for that week was Meredith MacRae. Did anyone here see the week in question?

Brendan

Robert Hutchinson

Cashword Question
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 06:50:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'May 3 2005, 09:27 PM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'May 3 2005, 07:22 PM\']You're stuck on the last word in (P+) Alphabetics. Time's running out:

"Just say JUKEBOX!" (eh eh eh eh)

Yay, $4000.
[snapback]84260[/snapback]
[/quote]

But wait--that was three words without a response.  Wouldn't that be *three* illegal clues?  We pay off only $2K.[/quote]

I humbly submit that you cannot penalize a single word for two violations (being more than one word, and being the password). $3000, no lower.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

ChuckNet

Cashword Question
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2005, 07:54:39 PM »
As for Stewart and "Pyramid," five words--Jimmie "J.J." "Kid Dyn-O-Mite" Walker. Ten contestants went to their doom the one week he was on "$20K" thanks to him. By the end, I'm sure the people in the pool was hoping that they'd win the $10,000 with Anita Gilette and get the hell out.

It was the same for both Connie Francis and Valerie Bertinelli's respective one-wk stints, ex-ATGSer Tom Gauer finding out about the latter firsthand.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:56:02 PM by ChuckNet »

Adam Nedeff

Cashword Question
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 08:22:16 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:13 AM\']As for "Password," Ludden supposedly said that once an unnamed big ABC star that the network wanted on was passed over because s/he didn't understand the game.  So there was quality control on the G-T side.
[/quote]

I can't describe how disturbed I am by the idea that somebody can't understand how "Password" was played.

Quality control seemed to be a part of any celebrity game in those days. Tom Kennedy relayed an antecdote (found on my site, cheap plug) about a YDS! taping being stopped in the middle of the first game to send a celebrity home because he just did not get the game at all.

uncamark

Cashword Question
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 12:38:57 PM »
[quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'May 4 2005, 05:05 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:13 AM\']
As for Stewart and "Pyramid," five words--Jimmie "J.J." "Kid Dyn-O-Mite" Walker.  Ten contestants went to their doom the one week he was on "$20K" thanks to him.  By the end, I'm sure the people in the pool was hoping that they'd win the $10,000 with Anita Gilette and get the hell out.
[/quote]

I thought his opponent for that week was Meredith MacRae. Did anyone here see the week in question?
[snapback]84379[/snapback]
[/quote]

May've been--it was a long time ago.  Either way, it was a mismatch, since both Anita and Meredith were top-notch game players.