Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Crushes  (Read 8265 times)

BrandonFG

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2005, 02:09:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 4 2005, 03:37 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'May 4 2005, 04:18 PM\']I need to make two stops. First, to Barnes and Noble for a calendar, then off to Bed Bath and Beyond for towels. [/quote]
WAY too much information.
[snapback]84368[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just be glad I actually bought the towels this time. >:-)

Which way to The Chamber Chamber?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kent Broyhill

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2005, 02:58:11 AM »
Hands down, Vanna White!   I have a poster of her on my wall (of her in the pile of straw) and have had it up since I was 13!   Every year I make a beach trip to her hometown of North Myrtle Beach (entirely coincidental, since I've been going there for vacation long before I ever heard of Vanna!) and pick up a White Realty broschure. (the real estate company founded by her step-father, Herbert White) as something to remind me of her, among other things!  :-D

In fact, I think I have more WOF eps. on tape than any other game show (with TPiR coming in next).  Although Susan Stafford would rank a VERY close second as Wheel of Fortune letter turner, IMHO, no other game show personality ever held as close a place in my heart as Vanna White!  ;-)

dizzy

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2005, 03:01:00 AM »
I always thought Debbie Bartlett from Dream House was kind of cute too.

Dizzy

dizzy

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2005, 03:10:26 AM »
A friend came over my house one day and mentioned that he HATED Vanna White. I don't even know why. So I told him that if he hates her so much then he should go tell her. Afterall she should know about it. He said O.K.

Oh Yes..... Two bored 15 year olds just looking for something to do. So I proceeded to call NBC and handed him the phone. He got scared and gave me back the phone. I guess he didn't think I was REALLY going to call her. So NBC answers and I asked to be connected to the Wheel Of Fortune office. They put me through and I then proceeded to tell them that my friend hates Vanna White and I just wanted them to pass the message along to her. The woman on the phone said "OK. We'll let her know."

That was the last time my friend ever told me that he hated anyone. LOL

Dizzy

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Crushes
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2005, 03:40:48 AM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'May 5 2005, 12:10 AM\'] Oh Yes..... Two bored 15 year olds just looking for something to do. So I proceeded to call NBC and handed him the phone. He got scared and gave me back the phone. I guess he didn't think I was REALLY going to call her. So NBC answers and I asked to be connected to the Wheel Of Fortune office. They put me through and I then proceeded to tell them that my friend hates Vanna White and I just wanted them to pass the message along to her. The woman on the phone said "OK. We'll let her know."
[/quote]
Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2005, 04:40:32 AM »
In the '70's. my crush was on Diane Parkensen(TPIR).

In the "80's, it shifted over to a very young Vanna White from WOF(growls flirtimgly).

johnnya2k3

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2005, 05:59:34 AM »
Well, Vanna White has been in many men's fantasies for years, simply because of how she always looked in those amazing gowns on the nighttime WOF (they never cared for her in business wear on the daytime show). Even while doing the show in maternity wear, she looked great.

But as far as this topic's concerned...my now-semi-retired high school teacher had a thing for Holly Hallstrom...until she got fired from TPIR due to her weight issues of course, and she started suing them.

Me? I kind of liked Claudia Jordan, until she quit TPIR after...well, read here under "Racism suit" and you see what I mean. I would be better off sleeping with her instead of Paula Abdul!!

Jonathan Allen

zachhoran

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2005, 08:34:57 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 5 2005, 04:04 AM\']

(Turning Zach-mode On)

Uh, NBC isn't home to Wheel of Fortune.

(Turning Zach-mode Off)

[snapback]84451[/snapback]
[/quote]

It supposedly was when Dizzy and friend called NBC in the 80s.

dizzy

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 5 2005, 07:34 AM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 5 2005, 04:04 AM\']

(Turning Zach-mode On)

(Turning Zach-mode Off)

[/quote]

[snapback]84460[/snapback]
[/quote]

Zach is right. It's not like we made this phone call yesterday. I'm talking Mid 80's.

P.S. You guys are right. I AM a Weirdo. ;-)

Dizzy

GS Warehouse

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2005, 03:38:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 5 2005, 04:04 AM\'](Turning CLemon-mode On)
You're a Weirdo.
(Turning CLemon-mode Off)
[/quote]
(MUTE button) No no, it's "yer high".

Do contestants count?  Some of the female contestants we've seen lately on GSN are, as they say in the movie "American Pie", MILFs.

(For those who don't know what that acronym means, the TV-PG definition is "mother I'd like to fool around with".)

tvwxman

Game Show Crushes
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2005, 03:45:10 PM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'May 5 2005, 11:18 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 5 2005, 07:34 AM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 5 2005, 04:04 AM\']

(Turning Zach-mode On)

(Turning Zach-mode Off)

[/quote]

[snapback]84460[/snapback]
[/quote]

Duly noted, and apology for smartass remark extended.

Thank Gawd.

ms

Zach is right. It's not like we made this phone call yesterday. I'm talking Mid 80's.

P.S. You guys are right. I AM a Weirdo. ;-)

Dizzy
[snapback]84487[/snapback]
[/quote]
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"