Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud '88  (Read 9446 times)

bricon

Family Feud '88
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 04:11:29 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'May 12 2005, 01:40 PM\']Finding suitable facilities in New york for game shows has gotten more difficult since the genre moved west - I don't know that there's a good place anymore.  At NBC, 8H and 6A are now taken up by Saturday Night Live and Late Night, I believe, and the Sullivan is now used by The Late Show.  Many of the facilities ABC used in the '60s and '70s are gone.  Millionaire was in some studio wayyyyy over on the West Side that would have been too small for Feud.
[snapback]85246[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you're referring to Millionaire's current studio,     if it could hold "The Moneymaze" it could hold "Feud" :)   Millionaire's first home, now known as Sony Studios on W.54th, I believe could have also housed it.  Though I haven't been in that building in some 20 years, since it was known as Camera Mart Stages, renting out to feature films and music videos.

The Pyramids

Family Feud '88
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2005, 08:45:23 AM »
I saw 'Card Sharks' yesteday and I have to agree that Ray Combs and Bill R. were similar to eaech other. In fact if you had had Ray host the CBS show but used Bill in the evening (or vice versa) it really would not have made a lot of difference.

Bill's talents could also have been used on the 'Match Game' revival a few years later.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 08:46:33 AM by PaulD »

Don Howard

Family Feud '88
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 09:16:26 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 14 2005, 07:45 AM\']Bill's talents could also have been used on the 'Match Game' revival a few years later.
[snapback]85411[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oooooooo. Hadn't thought of that. That's using the ol' noodle. I was actually hoping Bill would get the Classic Concentration gig seeing how he was plugging the show so much during BB87's final weks.

calliaume

Family Feud '88
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 09:35:19 AM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'May 13 2005, 03:11 PM\'][If you're referring to Millionaire's current studio,     if it could hold "The Moneymaze" it could hold "Feud" :)   Millionaire's first home, now known as Sony Studios on W.54th, I believe could have also housed it.  Though I haven't been in that building in some 20 years, since it was known as Camera Mart Stages, renting out to feature films and music videos.
[snapback]85374[/snapback]
[/quote]
No question - the studio that held The Money Maze could hold anything; that thing was huge. Also the most fun taping ever; nearly every audience member got some camera time.

I wasn't aware that studio was still around; I've read through Mark Evanier's TV Tickets page and it seems that most of the studios ABC used in the '50s, '60s, and '70s (Elysee, Little Theater, etc.) are gone.

I probably wasn't able to see all of the space the studio of W. 54th could hold, but it seemed small to me from when we were there.

The only other studios I've been to is the Sullivan (twice, for a What's My Line taping in 1970 and a failed Stiller & Meara sitcom pilot in 1986), and an NBC studio for an NFL Live broadcast in 1986.  The stage on the Sullivan absolutely dwarfed the WML? set; even at age eight I was surprised at how tiny the actual set area was.  The Sullivan also had way more seats than necessary for the show; we moved from the balcony to the lower level between taping without any problems.

I suppose if Goodson had his heart set on it, they'd tape Feud wherever they had to in the city.  ("From the Brooklyn Navy Yard...")

aaron sica

Family Feud '88
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 09:38:26 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'May 14 2005, 09:35 AM\']
I suppose if Goodson had his heart set on it, they'd tape Feud wherever they had to in the city.  ("From the Brooklyn Navy Yard...")
[snapback]85418[/snapback]
[/quote]

I could see this happening........("From the Brooklyn Navy Yard, it's a TRUE 'Family Feud'........Introducing the Gambino family.......versus.......the Bonnano family..")

ChuckNet

Family Feud '88
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »
I could see this happening........("From the Brooklyn Navy Yard, it's a TRUE 'Family Feud'........Introducing the Gambino family.......versus.......the Bonnano family..")

Funny you should say that, MadTV actually did a Louie-era parody featuring the Sopranos playing against a non-mob family...guess who won? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

Family Feud '88
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 09:01:45 AM »
There was an article in Variety in December of 87 announcing that the NBC O&Os were picking up the new FF as an access replacement for the sitcom checkerboard that was started in Sept 87.  KNBC was disappointed that the highly-touted checkerboard was only one share higher during sweeps than the previous season's time slot occupant.  That show? "Card Sharks."  My conjecture: KNBC, at least, probably wanted a fresh face.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Family Feud '88
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 09:30:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 15 2005, 09:01 AM\']There was an article in Variety in December of 87 announcing that the NBC O&Os were picking up the new FF as an access replacement for the sitcom checkerboard that was started in Sept 87. 
[snapback]85475[/snapback]
[/quote]

Although WCAU in Philly was 8 years away from being an NBC O&O (It was still CBS in 87/88), it did carry the sitcom checkerboard in 1987, and subsequently the syndie "Feud" starting 9/19/88.