Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC/NBC/CBS Sound Effects in Movies  (Read 3897 times)

Ryan_Conley194

ABC/NBC/CBS Sound Effects in Movies
« on: May 14, 2005, 02:51:07 AM »
Getting on the subject of audience sweetening, If the complete ABC, NBC and/or CBS sound effects libraries were acquired by Sound Ideas and made available to the public (which I am hopping that this will happen in the future), What movie would you think they might be featured on?

IMO, If the NBC crowd sounds were made available to the public, I would imagine that these crowd effects would be featured in two movies: All of the Atlanta A&T and Morris Brown performances on Drumline (including the BET Big Southern Classic Performances) and in all of the ADAA's Las Vegas Invitational games (seen on ESPN 8: The Ocho) on Dodgeball.

BTW, every sound would and probably might be carefully cleaned, free of hiss and digitally remastered for excellent sound quality

Ryan_Conley194

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »
Aha, so I see your stumped, eh?

Here are some more ideas that came to my head.  The phrased audience shouting heard on NBC Wheel of Fortune could be heard in School of Rock when the audience is shocked that No Vacancy won the Battle of the Bands

And here's one more, the whistling track heard on ABC's Family Feud would be heard in Napoleon Dynamite when Napoleon finishes his dance to encourage the students to vote for Pedro

Got any more ideas?
I am waiting to hear from you!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Ryan_Conley194\' date=\'May 26 2005, 08:51 PM\']Aha, so I see your stumped, eh?
[/quote]
No, my guess is that nobody cares.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wschmrdr

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 02:15:19 PM »
Many different sound effects even travel cross-show within the network. Letterman's segment "Bruce or Paul?" used the Press Your Luck board sound during the game. Sometimes even on radio shows you'll hear game show music and SFX. I hear the American Gladiators 1993-1996 soundtrack songs during commercials and sporting events.