Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The *worst* Game Show Ever  (Read 45416 times)

gwarman2005

The *worst* Game Show Ever
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 04:50:07 PM »
Love Me, Love Me Not has got to be the worst I've seen.  Any show with a bonus round centered around a daisy is an instant channel changer.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 04:53:25 PM »
[quote name=\'gwarman2005\' date=\'May 16 2005, 03:50 PM\']Love Me, Love Me Not has got to be the worst I've seen.  Any show with a bonus round centered around a daisy is an instant channel changer.
[snapback]85605[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, but what a draw that theme music was. While a guest on The Larry King Show in the late 1980s on the Mutual Radio Network, LMLMN host Ross Shafer (on the program to plug The Late Show on FOX) said that when the audience for the first show of LMLMN heard the theme song, they began to burst with laughter.
Say, what's Marilyn Smith doing these days?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 06:29:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'May 16 2005, 12:28 PM\']I could understand doubling the possible complete bank to $25K, but why ditch the double bank round?[/quote]

"WehaveatieasyouknowthestrongestlinkgetstocastthedecidingvotethatsyouSteve" was hard for the average viewer to understand.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 06:33:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'May 16 2005, 05:29 PM\'][quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'May 16 2005, 12:28 PM\']I could understand doubling the possible complete bank to $25K, but why ditch the double bank round?[/quote]

"WehaveatieasyouknowthestrongestlinkgetstocastthedecidingvotethatsyouSteve" was hard for the average viewer to understand.
[snapback]85619[/snapback]
[/quote]

And the story was that they wanted to give Gray more time to work over the contestants.

And as stated before, the current "Thousand Dollar Bee" over on Black Family Channel has to be the worst game shows of this time, if not all time.  If I can't even bring myself to watch a full half-hour of it (and I watched more than one "Card Guppies" all the way through)...

alfonzos

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 07:15:57 PM »
Worst show I've ever seen: The Chamber. I shut off my television after ten minutes angrily.

You're in the Picture wasn't as bad as it was pointless. There was nothing at stake and Gleason, as host, wasn't much help.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

ChuckNet

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »
Oh, but what a draw that theme music was. While a guest on The Larry King Show in the late 1980s on the Mutual Radio Network, LMLMN host Ross Shafer (on the program to plug The Late Show on FOX) said that when the audience for the first show of LMLMN heard the theme song, they began to burst with laughter.

Who can blame them? It sounded like something out of an old romantic movie, not a fast-paced GS theme one would typically associate w/the mid-80s.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

calliaume

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 09:06:53 PM »
Nobody's mentioned Queen for a Day yet?

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 09:36:53 PM »
...or "the Baby Game" for that matter...

-Kevin

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 09:38:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' date=\'May 16 2005, 08:36 PM\']...or "the Baby Game" for that matter...
[snapback]85647[/snapback]
[/quote]

Or "Baby Races"...

Don Howard

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 09:46:32 PM »
Did The Real Blake Emmons Show ever make it to air or was that just a pilot?

saussage

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 09:46:55 PM »
Worst game show. Hmmmm. Well Btb86 was only one that I read about. I agree with Card Sharks 01.

"The Last Word" with Wink Martindale. Worst? Problably not. Boring? Well somebody could make a case for it :)

I guess this thread doesn't include pilot eps otherwise "Dollar a Second" would be right up there. :)
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

brianhenke

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'May 16 2005, 08:46 PM\']Worst game show. Hmmmm. Well Btb86 was only one that I read about. I agree with Card Sharks 01.

"The Last Word" with Wink Martindale. Worst? Problably not. Boring? Well somebody could make a case for it :)

I guess this thread doesn't include pilot eps otherwise "Dollar a Second" would be right up there. :)
[snapback]85650[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with Alonzo's assessment of the Chamber (what a train wreck that was). Had Fox and ABC (The Chair) hadn't gone full throttle with their oneupmanship with getting  the torture games of 2002 on the air first, they might have lasted longer than they did.

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?
The leaves start to change color in May?

MisterBlue

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 02:55:04 AM »
The worst game I've ever read about is "Winning Streak."  Bill having to look "hip," confusing gameplay everywhere... even Don Pardo seemed unenthusiastic.

whewfan

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 06:43:33 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 16 2005, 12:45 PM\']
I'd like some consideration given to RODEO DRIVE.  Bad show, worse host (DuArt's impressions are lame enough as it is).

Rodeo Drive wasn't THAT bad. The first round echoed Talkabout, except that a player had to say one key word instead of 10. The second round was a rapid fire true/false round.

I'll agree that Louise DuArt's impressions didn't fit, but other than that, I thought she did a decent job hosting.

The most redeeming part of Rodeo Drive is the bonus round, which many say is reminiscent of the Gauntlet of Villains.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 07:14:51 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 16 2005, 06:33 PM\']And as stated before, the current "Thousand Dollar Bee" over on Black Family Channel has to be the worst game shows of this time, if not all time.  If I can't even bring myself to watch a full half-hour of it (and I watched more than one "Card Guppies" all the way through)...[/quote]
I saw this show today.  I want that half hour of my life back.  It's worse than Malcolm.  It's worse than The Million Dollar Word Game.  The $1000 mentioned in the title goes to the season winner.  As far as I can tell, everybody else gets nothing.

It's a spelling/word game with six grade school-aged students.  The host is abysmal, the theme is even more redundant and annoying than the Tic Tac Dough theme in 1990, and the set looks like something made by a 5th grade stage crew.