Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The *worst* Game Show Ever  (Read 45513 times)

tvwxman

The *worst* Game Show Ever
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2005, 09:06:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 24 2005, 08:04 AM\']
NBC's Time Machine,

Am I the only one here who actually liked "Time Machine"?  I thought it was cool and deserved a longer run.  Seriously.

[snapback]86339[/snapback]
[/quote]

Liked the concept. Hated the host. The Set. The format.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »
Liked the concept. Hated the host. The Set. The format.

What about the theme?  I thought it was very catchy!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2005, 09:45:13 AM »
Nostalgia game shows are fine with me - this one was just poorly executed, and the host's fumbling didn't help. It's hindsight, but a straight quiz that incorporated movie, tv and newsreel clips and hit songs might have been more fun. You'd have a more appropriate set and some creative ideas instead of curtain backdrops.

aaron sica

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2005, 10:36:16 AM »
The worst game show ever to me was "Scattergories". The only game show that was so boring to me that I actually fell asleep watching it. That's bad.

uncamark

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2005, 02:33:57 PM »
IIRC, Robert Townsend has an executive position at BFC and has actually sunk some of his own money into the channel.  The assumption has to be that putting his name on the original programming will give it some sort of cachet that it doesn't deserve.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2005, 06:53:26 PM »
I sacrificed both another half hour of my life, as well as a perfectly good episode of Super Password this afternoon in order to tape The Thousand Dollar Bee.  An 8 minute compilation video, including the entire final segment and end credits, can be found at http://www.classicgameshows.com/video/1000dollarbee.wmv  The video is 16 MB in size.

Don't blame me; I'm just the messenger.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2005, 11:44:17 PM »
I'll say Inquizition was the worst, the reason being that the host had no name, and never showed his face.

And another reason is that they paid out puny amounts of money to the winners ($250 in Season 1, $500 in Season 2).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2005, 02:42:32 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'May 27 2005, 08:44 PM\']I'll say Inquizition was the worst, the reason being that the host had no name, and never showed his face.
[/quote]
That is a perfectly idiotic reason.
And another reason is that they paid out puny amounts of money to the winners ($250 in Season 1, $500 in Season 2).
This is slightly better.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey Buck

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2005, 10:17:05 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'May 27 2005, 03:53 PM\']I sacrificed both another half hour of my life, as well as a perfectly good episode of Super Password this afternoon in order to tape The Thousand Dollar Bee.  An 8 minute compilation video, including the entire final segment and end credits, can be found at http://www.classicgameshows.com/video/1000dollarbee.wmv  The video is 16 MB in size.

[snapback]86755[/snapback]
[/quote]*puke*

Damn you, Klauss... You wasted 8 minutes of my life, and I want them back! :P

Forget the TTD90 room, it should be The Thousand Dollar Bee room (complete with the "theme song" repeating over and over again...)

MCArroyo1

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2005, 10:44:46 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'May 27 2005, 05:53 PM\']I sacrificed both another half hour of my life, as well as a perfectly good episode of Super Password this afternoon in order to tape The Thousand Dollar Bee.  An 8 minute compilation video, including the entire final segment and end credits, can be found at http://www.classicgameshows.com/video/1000dollarbee.wmv  The video is 16 MB in size.

[snapback]86755[/snapback]
[/quote]
This was funnier than any Super Duper Game Show Blooper Primetime Special I've ever seen.  Seriously, this is gold, as unintentional as it may be.  Thanks for posting this.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 10:45:24 PM by MCArroyo1 »

Fedya

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2005, 11:04:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 28 2005, 01:42 PM\']
This is slightly better.
[snapback]86804[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are you sure you want to encourage "Mo' Money Syndrome"?  :-)  After all, that payout is TEN TIMES(!!) what you could get on What's My Line.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2005, 12:37:29 AM »
This is for the center box, so it's a two-part reply.

[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'May 27 2005, 08:44 PM\']I'll say Inquizition was the worst, the reason being that the host had no name, and never showed his face.

[snapback]86776[/snapback]
[/quote]

Both horrible reasons.  I thought the gimmick of him being an unknown was a great way to add to the flavor of the show.  Then again, I bet you're not a fan of Mexican wrestling, neither.

The other thing; the players know what they're getting into.  If you're so hard up for cash that you want to try out for a $500 jackpot, go nuts.  The game is what matters to me, and I enjoyed it.  Get more questions right than someone else, and you move on.  Easy as that.  Give me something, like the game wasn't strong, or the music was off-key, anything.

Second, I owe all of you all an apology.  Had I not prodded Mr. Klauss to tell us (me, mainly) more about "The $1k Bee," then he wouldn't have had to put together that lowlight reel, nor would you all have seen it.

On that note, it's nothing outwardly BAD, there's just nothing good to see.  Certainly not something I'd stop on again, even for the $1,000 grand championship.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2005, 12:57:43 AM »
I'll go for a $300 two-part reply as well.

[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'May 29 2005, 12:37 AM\']Second, I owe all of you all an apology.  Had I not prodded Mr. Klauss to tell us (me, mainly) more about "The $1k Bee," then he wouldn't have had to put together that lowlight reel, nor would you all have seen it.[/quote]
I probably would've still rendered the video since apparently only Mark Jeffries and myself have seen The $1K Bee.  The show I recorded yesterday was so abysmal that it had to be shown to the masses.

In addition, I concur with Casey.  The torture area should be renamed The Thousand Dollar Bee Room, with constantly repeating footage of the end credits.  If the dancing audience doesn't make you crazy, the theme song will.

I should also note that the $1000 top prize is a $1000 savings bond.  Thus, the cost of the bond is likely $500, assuming it's an EE bond which will mature in 7 or 8 years.

WorldClassRob

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005, 01:58:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 24 2005, 08:04 AM\']
NBC's Time Machine,

Am I the only one here who actually liked "Time Machine"?  I thought it was cool and deserved a longer run.  Seriously.

I too thought that "Time Machine" should've lasted longer than it did...in the beginning it was sort of like "The Price Is Right", but instead of guessing prices, it involves guessing years, events, music, etc; and had three different games each day, and the end game was like the TPIR showcase, more or less.

Top that with all of the Scrabble sounds...that and "Hit Man" deserved to have been on the air longer.

As for the worst...I've seen many talk about "You're In The Picture", others mentioned Patrick Wayne's "Tic Tac Dough" and one even mentioned "The Baby Game".  Quite actually, I think "The $1.98 Beauty Show" is among my least favorites of all...and what do you expect from Chuck Barris Productions, who have come up with crapola like that to top "Dating" and "Newlywed".

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2005, 02:21:08 AM »
[quote name=\'WorldClassRob\' date=\'May 28 2005, 10:58 PM\']I too thought that "Time Machine" should've lasted longer than it did...in the beginning it was sort of like "The Price Is Right", but instead of guessing prices, it involves guessing years, events, music, etc; and had three different games each day, and the end game was like the TPIR showcase, more or less.
[/quote]
It might have had a shot if Davidson weren't such a perfectly awful host, and if there were a little more variety to the games that they played.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe