Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep Needs Your Help!  (Read 8633 times)

jrjgames

Supermarket Sweep Needs Your Help!
« on: August 06, 2003, 07:44:54 PM »
http://www.davidruprecht.com

Check for more info!

John

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 07:53:24 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 06:44 PM\'] http://www.davidruprecht.com

Check for more info!

John [/quote]
 Now that's PAX's dumbest idea yet.  If they to make new shows of any non-prime-time fare, that should be the show they should renew.  PAX must be in some deep doo-doo.

Brandon Brooks

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 08:27:12 PM »
Boy, that *really* sucks. If ever there was a time for GSN to step in and take over a show, this is it. They didn't save Reel to Reel* or Dirty Rotten Cheater, so hopefully they will do something this time.

*This show really shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:36:49 PM »
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, which would allow another network to treat it right.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 10:47:58 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 07:36 PM\'] Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, which would allow another network to treat it right. [/quote]
 That's the hope!

The pending deal between PAX and the show came apart the last week of July; the terms were not what the show deserved. The agent representing the show on behalf of SWEEP's owner/Exec Producer is now pitching to other outlets. (Yes, little happens in town without an agent!). Keep in mind that a show can be picked up by even a major network, but if the deal isn't right, it's a giant masturbation to create cash flow or credentials, neither of which this owner needs.

David R. and I remain hopeful and reasonably optimistic that the show's excellent track record over the past 13 years will make this an attractive property. The show better come back soon, I'm getting low on that great cheese!

Randy
tvrandywest.com

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 11:16:52 PM »
WHile there isn't a whole heck of a lot of hope for Beat the Clock for 2002-03 getting new life, certainly Supermarket Sweep deserves another chance. I'm sorry to hear this for the sake of Randy, David, and the rest of the Sweep gang.
I agree about GSN needing to get a hold of this show. It would improve the grade we in this board give GSN if they would step in and pick up new shows. THe show fits perfectly in GSN's budget I would think(no more than a week of Roulette or Showdown cost them cashwise), there's no reason for GSN NOT to consider this.

Winkfan

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 11:36:05 PM »
As I already mentioned in an earlier post about PAX's Beat the Clock, maybe ABC Family can get BOTH shows if PAX doesn't come through. The former channel can't live on Pyramid repeats alone.

On the other hand, ABC Family may double-cross us and get the whole run of Change of Heart instead! If THAT happens, ABC Family may just as well be off the air themselves!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Phyllis Newman of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 11:36:53 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

snowpeck

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 11:43:38 PM »
So will the reruns continue to air?

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2003, 11:59:07 PM »
Reruns will still air for now I guess, so Randy and David the gang can get their residual free sample of Dolphins and Friends.

whewfan

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 05:27:55 AM »
I was thinking of other cable networks that might be able to carry Supermarket Sweep and perhaps gets good ratings.

The Food Network- Why not? Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Besides, they can pair it up with Trivia Unwrapped, hosted by Marc Summers.

Lifetime- The original home of Sweep. Maybe they would be interested in getting it back.

FX- It has a strong suit of good shows and movies. I don't know if they'd consider a game show, but it would get good ratings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 05:58:19 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 04:27 AM\'] I was thinking of other cable networks that might be able to carry Supermarket Sweep and perhaps gets good ratings.

The Food Network- Why not? Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Besides, they can pair it up with Trivia Unwrapped, hosted by Marc Summers.

Lifetime- The original home of Sweep. Maybe they would be interested in getting it back.

FX- It has a strong suit of good shows and movies. I don't know if they'd consider a game show, but it would get good ratings. [/quote]
 FX would absolutely not be interested in Supermarket Sweep.  FX is looking for the young; male demographic (Son of the Beach; action movies; NASCAR racing); Supermarket Sweep is not a property that they would be interested in.

As for Lifetime; they seem to have strayed away from the gameshow arena; I really don't forsee them heading back into this direction.

Food Network seems to be the most feasable of the 3 that you have listed below.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dmota104

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 06:37:51 AM »
David R. and I remain hopeful and reasonably optimistic that the show's excellent track record over the past 13 years will make this an attractive property. The show better come back soon, I'm getting low on that great cheese!

As politely as possible, I'll express my displeasure to Pax.

Meantime, if it comes to finding a new home, here's hoping you can do so soon.  GSN comes to mind.

Timsterino

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 07:35:08 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 09:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 07:36 PM\'] Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, which would allow another network to treat it right. [/quote]
That's the hope!

The pending deal between PAX and the show came apart the last week of July; the terms were not what the show deserved. The agent representing the show on behalf of SWEEP's owner/Exec Producer is now pitching to other outlets. (Yes, little happens in town without an agent!). Keep in mind that a show can be picked up by even a major network, but if the deal isn't right, it's a giant masturbation to create cash flow or credentials, neither of which this owner needs.

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 I am very displeased with PAX.  I sure hope that Supermarket Sweep is able to find a home in another outlet. What about Syndication (not that I know how that works - I have no clue)?

Tim :-)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 07:39:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 06:35 AM\'] [quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 09:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 6 2003, 07:36 PM\'] Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, which would allow another network to treat it right. [/quote]
That's the hope!

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
I am very displeased with PAX.  I sure hope that Supermarket Sweep is able to find a home in another outlet. What about Syndication (not that I know how that works - I have no clue)?

Tim :-) [/quote]
 It's kind of late for it to get a pickup for fall 03; but it could come into play as a midseason replacement in January 2004; however; \"Weakest Link\" began in January; and never really recovered.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 08:55:29 AM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 05:37 AM\']

As politely as possible, I'll express my displeasure to Pax.

Meantime, if it comes to finding a new home, here's hoping you can do so soon.  GSN comes to mind.[/quote]
While GSN on the surface sounds like a natural choice, I don't think it's a good fit.

They probably wouldn't order more than 65 episodes, although they should make an exception for this.

Plus, they probably would repeat the episodes into the ground.

I'm not sure what the viewership is: PAX v. GSN, but I thing viewerwise, GSN would be a step down. Although with no PAX, GSN is an option.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 08:59:07 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS