Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS Fall comp: Survivor, Race unchanged  (Read 3521 times)

GS Warehouse

CBS Fall comp: Survivor, Race unchanged
« on: May 18, 2005, 03:02:54 PM »
CBS announced its fall slate this morning, with only minimal surprises.  As expected, the only change to the Thursday night lineup is the setting of Survivor, now taping at the Central American country of Guatemala.  The Amazing Race also keeps its current time slot, Tuesdays at 9:00, with a family edition on tap for fall.  But to those of us who prefer traditional game shows: sorry folks, but Winning Lines is still dead.

Here are some of the people we know from the gs (and/or GSN) world and how they were affected:
JEFF PROBST: No matter how long he hosts Survivor, there's a few of us who will always remember him from Rock & Roll Jeopardy!.
MIKE O'MALLEY: After an abbreviated fifth season that gave Yes, Dear enough episodes to qualify for syndication, I didn't think O'Malley's sitcom would live on, but it's back and reunited with erstwhile Monday lead-in Still Standing on Wednesday nights.  Another chance to get Moira Quirk as a guest star. :-)
JASON ALEXANDER: If GSN greenlights a third season of Celebrity Blackjack, the defending champion has plenty of time to practice his strategy, now that Listen Up got the hook.  So far only Patrick Warburton (Less than Perfect) has dodged the Seinfeld curse.
MIKE WALLACE: Soon to enter his 38th year on the clock (or stopwatch, as it were), he still has no intention of retiring yet.
BRAD GARRETT: No word of an Everybody Loves Raymond spinoff yet.
JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT: OK, so the closest she's come to being involved with a game show was a Greed team that lost when they thought she appeared on Sesame Street, but she's one of my favorite actresses (and I knew right away they blew it).  Team Eye picked up her drama pilot Ghost Whisperer, so I can forgive them for cancelling Joan of Arcadia.
DENNIS HAYSBERT: Another stretch, because he appeared with Ken Jennings in an Allstate commercial, but he'll have to work his next one around The Unit, coming in midseason.  Mom liked him on 24, so she's looking forward to it.
RYAN SEACREST: Fox unveils their three-part schedule tomorrow (get the Excedrin ready!), but he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 03:06:06 PM by GS Warehouse »

davemackey

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 04:43:44 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 18 2005, 03:02 PM\']BRAD GARRETT: No word of an Everybody Loves Raymond spinoff yet.
[snapback]85776[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which, by association, would also apply to former "Make The Grade" host Lew Schneider, who had been a writer/producer for "Everybody Loves Raymond"'s entire nine-year run.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'May 18 2005, 03:43 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 18 2005, 03:02 PM\']BRAD GARRETT: No word of an Everybody Loves Raymond spinoff yet.
[/quote]
Which, by association, would also apply to former "Make The Grade" host Lew Schneider, who had been a writer/producer for "Everybody Loves Raymond"'s entire nine-year run.
[snapback]85779[/snapback]
[/quote]

Totally Hidden Video/second That's My Dog host Steve Skrovan was a writer on Raymond as well. He was interviewed on the finale Monday night.

joe_capitano

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 07:50:22 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 18 2005, 12:02 PM\']JASON ALEXANDER: ... the defending champion has plenty of time to practice his strategy, now that Listen Up got the hook.[/quote]
Eeek! I missed PTI today. I wonder how badly Tony Kornheiser took that news, and how much DAP Wilbon pasted him with. Hee Hee.

SteveRep

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 08:54:51 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'May 18 2005, 07:50 PM\'][quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 18 2005, 12:02 PM\']JASON ALEXANDER: ... the defending champion has plenty of time to practice his strategy, now that Listen Up got the hook.[/quote]
Eeek! I missed PTI today. I wonder how badly Tony Kornheiser took that news, and how much DAP Wilbon pasted him with. Hee Hee.[/quote]
No PTI on Wednesday because of the post position draw for the Preakness.

But he knew at 9 a.m. when he did his radio show and waxed philosophic about how cool it was to have a show based on his work and that Jason Alexander played "him."

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:25 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 18 2005, 02:02 PM\']The Amazing Race also keeps its current time slot, Tuesdays at 9:00, with a family edition on tap for fall.
[/quote]
Does anybody else think that a family version of The Amazing Race is a really bad idea?  The show has driven more than enough teams either to tears or screaming matches; adding kids who are more likely to take things badly is just asking for trouble.

Either that, or the race isn't going to be very amazing at all.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

SteveRep

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 10:13:31 AM »
For TAR8, is there a requirement that the 4-member teams have to include children? What's to keep two 20-something brothers and their wives from being a team?

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 12:40:01 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'May 19 2005, 09:13 AM\']For TAR8, is there a requirement that the 4-member teams have to include children? What's to keep two 20-something brothers and their wives from being a team?
[snapback]85825[/snapback]
[/quote]

Unfortunately, CBS doesn't keep that info up on their site.  They're taking contestants for "TAR 9" now and since that one is regular format, the minimum age is back to 21.

And there's no requirement about previous game/comp appearances on the eligibility requirements--but that's not surprising, considering how well they did in the Nielsens with Bahstan Rahb and Ahmbah.

BTW, the application form for "Survivor 12"'s now up at the CBS web site (PDF):

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor_appl...application.pdf

There's no previous game/comp appearance restriction on that application, either.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'May 18 2005, 07:54 PM\'][quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'May 18 2005, 07:50 PM\']Eeek! I missed PTI today. I wonder how badly Tony Kornheiser took that news, and how much DAP Wilbon pasted him with. Hee Hee.[/quote]
No PTI on Wednesday because of the post position draw for the Preakness.

But he knew at 9 a.m. when he did his radio show and waxed philosophic about how cool it was to have a show based on his work and that Jason Alexander played "him."
[snapback]85802[/snapback]
[/quote]
They did mention it in the "Happy Trails" section at the end of yesterday's PTI, and Mike gave Tony propz for being the inspiration to a network sitcom, albeit a short-lived one.

BTW, "Wookie" rhymes with "rookie", but "Mookie".

ChuckNet

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 02:14:55 AM »
Does anybody else think that a family version of The Amazing Race is a really bad idea? The show has driven more than enough teams either to tears or screaming matches; adding kids who are more likely to take things badly is just asking for trouble.

Anyone remember last season's family edition of Fear Factor? 'Nuff said.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")