Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Annoying....  (Read 4098 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Annoying....
« on: May 17, 2005, 05:16:10 AM »
Upon review of the "Catch Phrase" clip avaiable on the Page O'Clips....doesn't the music remind you of something you might hear on Sesame Street?  The SFX is equally annoying, such as the audience mumble, the bell....

Question in short; what other music cues, hosts, etc. do you find annoying?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dmota104

Annoying....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 06:24:00 AM »
Most annoying cue: TJW90.  Too darn repitious.

whewfan

Annoying....
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 06:49:53 AM »
Face the Music- the synth music as the mystery faces are shown... it's just a very jarring cue.

Taboo- Uh... almost every aspect of that show was annoying.

Camoflauge- the "suspense" cue as the object is traced.

BrandonFG

Annoying....
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 07:20:51 AM »
Any Hal Hidey cue that sounds like swing music, esp. Bullseye's car win cue. In the course of two minutes, it goes from a disco cue to ballroom music.

The cues Feud used a couple of years ago, when they switched to the 1988 theme. I couldn't stand how awkward the edits to the theme sounded, and thought their commercial outro music was overused.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

FeudDude

Annoying....
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 10:09:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 17 2005, 05:16 AM\']Upon review of the "Catch Phrase" clip avaiable on the Page O'Clips....doesn't the music remind you of something you might hear on Sesame Street?
[snapback]85692[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey now, what's wrong with the music from Sesame Street? ;-)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Annoying....
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:19:42 PM »
Hey, I LOVED that first Catch Phrase puzzle music! :-D
I thought they were all pretty cute little diddies.

Any Hal Hidey cue that sounds like swing music, esp. Bullseye's car win cue. In the course of two minutes, it goes from a disco cue to ballroom music

I believe that's simply because all of that different prize music was edited together.
As for annoying cues, I always thought that the background loop played on The Weakest Link was quite grating. For some strange reason, it was more tolerable for me slowed down like on Mexico's version. One show with many annoying cues no matter the speed was Joe Garagiola's Strike it Rich. Hal Hidey really struck out on that one. (Or maybe they just didn't pay him much.)

--Jamie
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 02:28:47 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Johnissoevil

Annoying....
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 08:09:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 17 2005, 05:16 AM\']Upon review of the "Catch Phrase" clip avaiable on the Page O'Clips....doesn't the music remind you of something you might hear on Sesame Street?  The SFX is equally annoying, such as the audience mumble, the bell....

Question in short; what other music cues, hosts, etc. do you find annoying?
[snapback]85692[/snapback]
[/quote]

Another would be the sustained dings from TPIR, that is, whenever someone in a chatroom or something plays it, something that you and I know as )dings. :-P
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

TheInquisitiveOne

Annoying....
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »
I may catch hell for this one, but you can place the new winning fanfare from the final third of $ale of the Century's run (1987-1989) on this list. It sounded like something you play during a stereotypical high school show (this was before Saved by the Bell, mind you). The old fanfare sounded like something was accomplished. This sounded just, well, "blah."

However, I wonder if they kept the old fanfare when the only $50,000 WBMG win took place...that would make sense.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Craig Karlberg

Annoying....
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 04:43:51 AM »
In The Magnificant Marble Machine, when a clue is scrolled on the board, a synthesized looping sound is played in the background.  There were 2 of them.  Those were pretty annoying.  Sometimes, they put a diffrent looping sound & "layer" it on top of one of those looping sounds.  That made an annoying sound even worse.

Robair

Annoying....
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 07:07:55 AM »
The one I can't stand? that obnoxious "Wheel of Fortune" FINAL SPIN graphic. Isn't Merv's old ship's bell (since 1963) enough to tell us Pat's gonna spin?
--Robair

SamJ93

Annoying....
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 09:34:49 AM »
ISTR reading that the graphic was added to cover any obvious edits that had to be made, in case Pat's spin hit a Bankrupt the first time.  So it serves a purpose, but yes, just like pretty every other unncessessary, flashy graphic and sound on Wheel, extremely annoying.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

calliaume

Annoying....
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 10:15:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 18 2005, 03:43 AM\']In The Magnificant Marble Machine, when a clue is scrolled on the board, a synthesized looping sound is played in the background.  There were 2 of them.  Those were pretty annoying.  Sometimes, they put a diffrent looping sound & "layer" it on top of one of those looping sounds.  That made an annoying sound even worse.
[snapback]85751[/snapback]
[/quote]
Nearly everything about The Magnificent Marble Machine was annoying.  Having clues come in through a marquee (of sorts) was a horrible idea (why couldn't Art just read the clues?); the noises were worse.

Sometimes producers get the idea that every second of a show has to have noise beside someone talking (remember the background music played during the questioning in TTTT '01-'02?).  Silence can be golden.

uncamark

Annoying....
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 12:47:38 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'May 18 2005, 09:15 PM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 18 2005, 03:43 AM\']In The Magnificant Marble Machine, when a clue is scrolled on the board, a synthesized looping sound is played in the background.  There were 2 of them.  Those were pretty annoying.  Sometimes, they put a diffrent looping sound & "layer" it on top of one of those looping sounds.  That made an annoying sound even worse.
[snapback]85751[/snapback]
[/quote]
Nearly everything about The Magnificent Marble Machine was annoying.  Having clues come in through a marquee (of sorts) was a horrible idea (why couldn't Art just read the clues?); the noises were worse.

Sometimes producers get the idea that every second of a show has to have noise beside someone talking (remember the background music played during the questioning in TTTT '01-'02?).  Silence can be golden.
[snapback]85808[/snapback]
[/quote]

Blame "WWTBAM."  The old "if it worked for that show, it'll work for us..." thinking, without realizing that it was the entire package that made "WWTBAM" work.