Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fascinating Fact  (Read 5025 times)

Jimmy Owen

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 05:08:11 PM »
My opinion is that whenever a lackadaisical effort (and Feud and Street Smarts fit that category) hits the air, it reduces the chance of a well-produced show to be taken seriously by station managers.  Game show hosts should never wear hockey jerseys off the ice.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 11:39:40 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 07:33:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 20 2005, 04:08 PM\']... Game show hosts should never wear hockey jerseys off the ice.
[snapback]85939[/snapback]
[/quote]
Those as sure-footed as Jim Peck shouldn't even be on the ice to begin with!

Then again, I was wondering who those guys playing hockey at Joe Louis Arena the other day were.  That one goalie looked suspiciously like Jim Caldwell.

StevensM

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 08:09:30 PM »
I watched the last episode of the tournament.  When a tiebreaker came around at the end, the broadcast was interrupted for a breaking news alert from County Courthouse, and by the time it was over, so was Family Feud!  It's a shame when that kind of thing happens.

For what it's worth, in my area, Family Feud airs at 4:00PM.  Daily reruns air at 8:30AM.

ChuckNet

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 02:12:51 AM »
Then again, I was wondering who those guys playing hockey at Joe Louis Arena the other day were. That one goalie looked suspiciously like Jim Caldwell.

Yeah, he was always trying to get into the penalty box...might have something to do w/the fact that it was a special shade of red. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Comedic "Chuckie Baby")

The Pyramids

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 04:10:36 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 20 2005, 03:21 PM\']WCIU in Chicago took it out of prime time at the beginning of the year.  Both runs air back-to-back at 9 a.m. (they were running back-to-back at noon for a while).  They're going to lose "CJ" at 7:30 p.m. (after that "Insider" show with what's-his-name) this fall, so there's a possibility "Feud" could come back, but I doubt it.

Karn seems like a nice guy, but I haven't seen any real growth in his performance over three years and I don't think they're doing anything to make him better.  And the production decisions just seem to do him in--including that whole "DOUBLE THE POINTS!" silliness.

The bad thing is that no one really cares--since they're not trying to go for record numbers, they're satisified with that they're getting and there's no passion to make the show better.  It's just perfunctory clock-punching from all concerned.
[snapback]85930[/snapback]
[/quote]

There's a lot of truth there. Kingworld and the ew producers wanted to make a better "Hollywood Squares"  in '02 and they suceeded. There is so much untapped potential here to do something like that.

Still, being better than Louie's run and the games timeless formatt is enough to carry the day.

Jimmy Owen

Fascinating Fact
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
Dare I say this....I'm getting nostalgic for Louie's version.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 04:27:45 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.