Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Before, During, and After  (Read 3317 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Before, During, and After
« on: May 23, 2005, 11:48:21 PM »
That category during Double Jeopardy today (5-23) ... Did anybody find it utterly confusing? I can understand Before and After,  but adding a third clue to the mix? It makes it a lot more challenging, yet confusing.... Pretty soon the category will evolve into simply "Chain Reaction (without a gameboard to help)"
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:10:52 AM »
Not confusing as such.  It's still a Before/After, just with the extra stage.  You can use a clue at the beginning or end to fill in the gaps, too.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 12:12:20 AM »
I still love Ken's reaction to it.

"Jeez..."

What makes it even better is what the interjection "Jeez" is supposed to mean. lol.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 12:13:03 AM by whoserman »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 12:18:52 AM »
I thought it was great. Took some thought to piece together the correct responses, and was totally satisfying when you did it. A completely appropriate and challenging category for these three fantastic players.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Gromit

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 03:12:05 AM »
Yup, loved it too. As a home viewer, I think I got two parts out of two of the answers, so their getting 4 of the 5 perfect just gives you a nice sense of awe.

They're getting 2 million bucks, they should have to work for it. :)

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 04:07:53 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'May 23 2005, 11:12 PM\']I still love Ken's reaction to it.

"Jeez..."

What makes it even better is what the interjection "Jeez" is supposed to mean. lol.
[snapback]86310[/snapback]
[/quote]

Second that. It's "Smush" with a bit more intellect.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

dmota104

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 06:18:34 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 24 2005, 03:07 AM\']Second that. It's "Smush" with a bit more intellect.
[snapback]86332[/snapback]
[/quote]

Speaking of which, didn't Before, During & After also make an appearance in J!'s MDM tourney?  Seems like the category was in the tourney and Bob Harris, who won the top $8000 prize on Smush, got to play at least part of that J! category.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 11:23:44 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 24 2005, 12:18 AM\']I thought it was great. Took some thought to piece together the correct responses, and was totally satisfying when you did it. A completely appropriate and challenging category for these three fantastic players.[/quote]
I'm also proud to say that I got the one that none of them got.  

(OK, I got it by freezing my TiVo and working it out for about thirty seconds, but I got it!)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 02:41:07 PM »
I got Fanny and Alexander Haig last week.  Does that count?  :-)

Seriously, is it me or are the writers on Jeopardy! writing more wordplay categories?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 02:56:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'May 24 2005, 01:41 PM\']I got Fanny and Alexander Haig last week.  Does that count?  :-)

Seriously, is it me or are the writers on Jeopardy! writing more wordplay categories?
[snapback]86364[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can make a pretty safe bet that the right end category on every board will be some sort of wordplay category (and that includes the letters-in-quotes categories under their system, IIRC).

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 10:52:34 PM »
Well, it wasn't in the right hand category, but you were right. Crossword Clues T was in today's game
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 04:49:25 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'May 24 2005, 09:52 PM\']Well, it wasn't in the right hand category, but you were right. Crossword Clues T was in today's game
[snapback]86426[/snapback]
[/quote]

The right half(2nd on the board) but NOT the far right.  That honor went to Desperate Housflies(writter's play on words there).