Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TTTT reference by Chris Berman  (Read 3107 times)

brianhenke

TTTT reference by Chris Berman
« on: May 25, 2005, 11:39:28 PM »
Just a few minutes ago on ESPN2's Wednesday Night Baseball game between the Dodgers and the Giants, Chris Berman (himself a former game show host) referenced To Tell the Truth and said the Dodgers' pitcher was "pitching Peggy Cass."

Boomer said that now he was 50 years old, most people his age would get it (but those under 50 may not)...

Brian

Will Smith plays Hutch?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 12:16:19 AM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 12:09:11 AM »
I get it, but I don't know WHY he would say that, or why you would repeat it here.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:17:50 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'May 25 2005, 10:39 PM\']Just a few minutes ago on ESPN2's Wednesday Night Baseball game between the Dodgers and the Giants, Chris Berman (himself a former game show host) referenced To Tell the a Truth and said the Dodgers' pitcher was "pitching Peggy Cass."

Boomer said that now he was 50 years old, most people his age would get it (but those under 50 may not)...
[/quote]

Oh really? Well, a very close friend of mine was on the phone with another friend of hers, and she said that he was the Weakest Link! I had to post that mindless tidbit, like OMG! r0xx0rs! w00t! DOUBLE THE POINTS!

Will Smith plays Hutch?
[snapback]86535[/snapback]

I notice you love to make fun of contestant's bad answers, although it's been discussed this one was not as bad. Let's see just how well YOU'D do.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 12:20:56 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 12:28:48 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'May 25 2005, 08:39 PM\']Chris Berman... said the Dodgers' pitcher was "pitching Peggy Cass."
Boomer said that now he was 50 years old, most people his age would get it (but those under 50 may not)...[/quote]<Billy West, voicing a character from India back in the old days of WBCN-FM in Boston> I don't get it. </bw...> Sounds like it should have a "...if you know what I mean" attached to it.
Esoteric Eric; even though I'm *only* 45, I know lots about Peggy Cass, even though I was quite surprised to see her actually act in If It's Tuesday... This Must Be Belgium (the title of which, coincidentally, was parodied by the J! category titlers ("...This Must Be Belgian") in round one of the 5/25 final.)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 01:56:03 AM »
Oooh, I can top that!
On the show Pardon us, ESPN sucks now they mentioned a feud between two people! That must be a reference to the game show!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 08:37:05 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'May 26 2005, 12:09 AM\']I get it, but I don't know WHY he would say that, or why you would repeat it here.
[snapback]86539[/snapback]
[/quote]

Brian feels the need to repeat every single game show reference he hears on TV.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 01:43:37 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'May 25 2005, 11:39 PM\']Just a few minutes ago on ESPN2's Wednesday Night Baseball game between the Dodgers and the Giants, Chris Berman (himself a former game show host) referenced To Tell the Truth and said the Dodgers' pitcher was "pitching Peggy Cass."

Brian

Will Smith plays Hutch?
[snapback]86535[/snapback]
[/quote]

Then how did you get it? I'm sure you're not 50.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022