Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: US Eggheads  (Read 3782 times)

TravisP

US Eggheads
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:51:59 PM »
At the moment the UK is currently screening the third series of Eggheads at the moment. For those who don't know its a quiz show which pits a team of five contestants such as a pub or office quiz team to go head to head against five people who have achived something on UK Game/Quiz Shows in the past. If the challengers win then they would win the jackpot on that show, fail and it gets rolled over to the next show (its £1,000 per show).

The current team consists of;

Judith Keppel - First £1 Million winner on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
Kevin Ashman - Former Mastermind champion and holds the current record for the most points in a final. Also UK Quiz champion (non televised competition).
CJ De-Mooi - Appeared on 14 different shows in a few years from Weakest Link to 15 To 1.
Daphne Fowler - Former Brain of Britain winner (radio contest) and twice overall winner on 15 To 1.
Chris Hughes - Mastermind champion in the early 80s and holds the reigning title of International Mastermind Champion (simply there hasn't been a new international contest since the 80s).

The question I'm asking is if the show is imported to the US for syndication which five Game/Quiz Show contestants would you pick to be classed a team of Eggheads? Would you pick Ken Jennings?

Jimmy Owen

US Eggheads
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:02:47 PM »
Me because I'm bald.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

US Eggheads
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 04:32:23 PM »
Me because...hey, wait a minute...

Seriously, take the 150 or so who were just in the UTOC.  Pick ANY FIVE.  That's your team.

If I personally hand-pick a quintet, I pick Jennings, Rutter, Pawlowicz, Bob Harris and Kevin Olmstead from Millionaire.  I've met all but Rutter, and I just don't see too much material getting past that Fab Five.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.