Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bananas #2  (Read 10014 times)

WhammyPower

Bananas #2
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 08:03:17 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 28 2005, 11:03 PM\']Oddly enough, I've never seen an episode of "Distraction" when watching Comedy Central, I've just caught the two episodes that are "On Demand"....
[snapback]86853[/snapback]
[/quote]
The two Distraction eps. that are On Demand seem to change about every two months or so.

JMFabiano

Bananas #2
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 10:11:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:20 AM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 28 2005, 05:45 PM\']I think it's high time for a "Best of Family Feud" standalone special.
[/quote]
Yes.
Showing the "September" clip for the 55th time will be absolutely hysterical.  Criminy.
[snapback]86872[/snapback]
[/quote]

What's with the distribution of sarcasm pills...(Chris) Lemon flavored, of course...

Anyway, point is, why not do an FF retrospective, if it'd possibly free up space on any future GS specials?  I love FF, Family Fortunes, and that Mexican version I apparently am not allowed to mention by name for fear of offending said sarcasm pill distributor.  But given the FF overdose on, oh, every special known to man,  they might as well give the show and its clips its own hour or so.    

And as a sidenote, I'd still rather see September 55 or so times than, say, "In the butt, Bob."  I'm not in love with the latter like other people are...it lost its novelty when we found out it wasn't an urban legend, anyway.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

MyCapableAssistant

Bananas #2
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 07:11 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:20 AM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 28 2005, 05:45 PM\']I think it's high time for a "Best of Family Feud" standalone special.
[/quote]
Yes.
Showing the "September" clip for the 55th time will be absolutely hysterical.  Criminy.
[/quote]

What's with the distribution of sarcasm pills...(Chris) Lemon flavored, of course...

Anyway, point is, why not do an FF retrospective, if it'd possibly free up space on any future GS specials?  I love FF, Family Fortunes, and that Mexican version I apparently am not allowed to mention by name for fear of offending said sarcasm pill distributor.  But given the FF overdose on, oh, every special known to man,  they might as well give the show and its clips its own hour or so.    

And as a sidenote, I'd still rather see September 55 or so times than, say, "In the butt, Bob."  I'm not in love with the latter like other people are...it lost its novelty when we found out it wasn't an urban legend, anyway.
[snapback]86889[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with Mark.
I think some of those clips are far too overplayed.

Is anyone else tired of this one yet?

Name a yellow fruit:

ORANGE.

Yeah, and the September clip is "old."

JMFabiano

Bananas #2
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 01:01:04 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'May 29 2005, 11:31 AM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 07:11 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:20 AM\'][quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 28 2005, 05:45 PM\']I think it's high time for a "Best of Family Feud" standalone special.
[/quote]
Yes.
[/quote]

[snapback]86889[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with Mark.
I think some of those clips are far too overplayed.

Is anyone else tired of this one yet?

Name a yellow fruit:

ORANGE.

[snapback]86904[/snapback]
[/quote]

But is it "ULD! ULD! ULD!"?????

Seriously, I see what you mean.  It's worse on GSMGB because they usually don't show the punch lines (with "September," no Richard going into hysterics; with "Turkey" on FFortunes, no seeing it zero out the first two times, only for the third time to be a charm).  

Actually, there's a lot of "been there/done that" stuff for many of the shows.  (the Christmas Scrabble, Bert giving away passwords, Card Sharks "Peck" incident...I bet Bob being molested by the GLOW wrestlers turns up next...how about some more wacky answers and a REAL untapped source, weird luck on the cards themselves?!!?)  But with FF, my point was, in general these shows overdose on it, whether the clips are overplayed or not.  Which is why they might as well come up with a special for FF itself.  Not only could the producers work off their love for the show, but maybe then we'd have a better chance of getting a mix of old and new/more obscure clips.  

I wonder, though...would having more Combs era clips help?  As is often the case, the Dawson eps. overshadow them (heck, I think the Karn eps got more airtime too!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 01:06:35 PM by JMFabiano »

MikeK

• Martha!
Bananas #2
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2005, 01:36:47 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:01 PM\'][quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'May 29 2005, 11:31 AM\']
[/quote]

But is it "ULD! ULD! ULD!"?????
[/quote]
In case you didn't see it, take a look at this reply by Mr. Lemon.  There's no reason to dredge up anything a troll said in the old place five years ago.

About Bananas #2, it was a big step down from the first special, primarily because of the lamb testicles.  Out of tens of thousands of hours of G/T shows, they couldn't find five hours of worthwhile clips?  We could've been served filet mignon or even hamburger with the 2nd installment.  Instead we got lamb testicles.

JMFabiano

Bananas #2
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2005, 02:14:01 PM »
Now I know what kind of people Charlie Brown had in mind when he yelled, "Don't you know sarcasm when you see it?"  That and Bette Midler when she said "(BLANK) them if they can't take a joke."  

I'm really tired of being misunderstood and having pretty much every word of mine scrutinized by the PTB's here.  I just want to talk about a common interest, and what do I get?  Bullied, made fun of...well I had enough of THAT since my high school days.  You talk about five years ago, well from what I see, not much has changed attitude-wise between then, now, and the two forums.  So I shall do what I did then, say goodbye and slam the door on the way out.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bananas #2
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 02:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 11:14 AM\']I'm really tired of being misunderstood and having pretty much every word of mine scrutinized by the PTB's here.
[/quote]
So instead of trying to learn something from it and asking yourself WHY people might not appreciate you making references to the reasons we left ATGS to start with, you're just gonna run away because you can't hack it. Yeah. That'll serve you well.
So I shall do what I did then, say goodbye and slam the door on the way out.
And we'll make sure the WAAAAmbulance is waiting.

Make sure you've cleared the door frame before you slam it. Wouldn't want it to hitcha in the ass.

Give Chartier our best.

(The pool is open. I'm taking 4:00P, Pacific time.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 02:30:25 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

Bananas #2
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 02:14 PM\']Now I know what kind of people Charlie Brown had in mind when he yelled, "Don't you know sarcasm when you see it?"  That and Bette Midler when she said "(BLANK) them if they can't take a joke." 

I'm really tired of being misunderstood and having pretty much every word of mine scrutinized by the PTB's here.  I just want to talk about a common interest, and what do I get?  Bullied, made fun of...well I had enough of THAT since my high school days.  You talk about five years ago, well from what I see, not much has changed attitude-wise between then, now, and the two forums.  So I shall do what I did then, say goodbye and slam the door on the way out.
[snapback]86913[/snapback]
[/quote]
Speaking as one of the PTB's, I could give two electric ones whether you want to talk about Caroline Rhea, 100 Mexicanos Dijeron, or whatever your interest is for the day.  As long as it's on topic and you're not mentioning those in every single thread (and from what I can see, it is and you're not), I have no problem with it.

Reviving troll talk from the ATGS days, however, is not appreciated.  If we wanted that kind of crap we'd invite Harvey & Co. in.  Unlike Harvey, you don't need to resort to troll talk -- you're better than that -- and we'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from it.

(And that, my friends, goes for everyone here.  If you want to relive ATGS, do it in ATGS.)

inturnaround

Bananas #2
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'May 29 2005, 02:14 PM\']Now I know what kind of people Charlie Brown had in mind when he yelled, "Don't you know sarcasm when you see it?"  That and Bette Midler when she said "(BLANK) them if they can't take a joke." 
[/quote]

Sarcasm is the most prevalent, yet weakest, weapon on the internets. It's not very useful because there's no inflection with which to determine ones intent.

But everyone has been misunderstood in the ether. It's part of the game. You just have to be as clear as you can and hope that someone posts when they're awake enough or sober enough to understand it.

Taking a joke is one thing, getting it is another. Still another is thinking it was funny in the first place.

Assuming you are really going (and I've yet to meet one person on the 'net who posted a huffy "I'm leaving!" message  that  actually did leave and never came back...), I have to tell you that you have to have a thicker skin. The internet is wondrous, filled with treasures both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid. If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here...to transpose and appropriate a great speech by a great pan-dimensional, fictional character.

Yeah, this place can be prickly, but it's far better than the cradle we came from. We snipe, yes, but we also joke, we inform, we annoy,  and  we reconcile (hopefully), but we move on...because we is am are being a community.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bananas #2
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 02:34:16 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 29 2005, 11:32 AM\']We snipe, yes, but we also joke, we inform, we annoy,  and  we reconcile (hopefully), but we move on...because we is am are being a community.
[/quote]
Damn... <sniff> ...that was beeyooteeful.... ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mystery7

Bananas #2
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »
What community are we being, South Central LA? Newark, NJ? This is one tough neighborhood. We snipe, we snark, we stab, and we sling spears of sarcasm at each other as in no other forum I've seen. I like a sharp wit as much as the next person but the sharpest wits here draw a lot of blood.

I've met a few of us in person, and it seems that the way we behave here is pretty close to how we are in real life. And I can say I was genuinely pleased to meet the people I met. Even though I haven't yet been accosted here by our more acerbic posters, I'm not sure I'd want to meet them face to face. Unfortunate, yes, but I'm a lover, not a fighter. :^)

I guess I'm from a different part of this neighborhood than James was. Yeah, parts of it can be tough, but I like it here. I think I'll stay.

Back to Bananas: would it have killed them to delay taping until Ben Stein got over whatever he had? He sounded absolutely terrible!

inturnaround

Bananas #2
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'May 29 2005, 03:58 PM\']What community are we being, South Central LA? Newark, NJ? This is one tough neighborhood. We snipe, we snark, we stab, and we sling spears of sarcasm at each other as in no other forum I've seen. I like a sharp wit as much as the next person but the sharpest wits here draw a lot of blood.
[/quote]

Well, some people (and I'm becoming one more and more, though I try to be politic about it) don't suffer fools gladly. Usually this is in response to a post that limbos under the bar of intelligence.

I dunno, if you do something dumb, I don't see why you can't be called on it. I've never been that beaten up here. I can't even remember the last time I was flamed. Then again, I don't usually advocate controversial opinions. I've said before that we shouldn't attack the posters, but their opinions are fair game.

And yes, Ben sounded horrible. No doubt the abundance of v.o. had to do with his cold.

I loved the Mr. Game Show Pac-Man graphic for the BTC timer (that goes for last week, of course, too).
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Ian Wallis

Bananas #2
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2005, 08:37:06 PM »
("Brian's Song" used the interior of the Bewitched house;

Or "I Dream of Jeannie" using the interior of the "Bewitched" house - which is really weird when you think about it.

Actually, there's a lot of "been there/done that" stuff for many of the shows. (the Christmas Scrabble, Bert giving away passwords, Card Sharks "Peck" incident...I bet Bob being molested by the GLOW wrestlers turns up next...how about some more wacky answers and a REAL untapped source, weird luck on the cards themselves?!!?)

I remember at least two incidents where somebody called HIGHER on a Queen, and an Ace popped up - but I really wonder if there are enough of those kind of clips to do much with.

When GSN's "As Seen On" first went on, I was hoping there'd be more of an emphasis on that sort of thing - biggest comebacks, unbelievable wins, etc., instead of highlights from shows currently on their schedule.  Not that I didn't like the show, it's just that it *could* have been something a little different.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ilb4ever2000

Bananas #2
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 12:11:01 AM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'May 29 2005, 02:58 PM\']Back to Bananas: would it have killed them to delay taping until Ben Stein got over whatever he had? He sounded absolutely terrible!
[snapback]86929[/snapback]
[/quote]

He didn't sound as bad on the second one. And as they say, "the show must go on."

Clay Zambo

Bananas #2
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2005, 09:28:22 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'May 29 2005, 12:36 PM\']About Bananas #2...We could've been served filet mignon or even hamburger with the 2nd installment.  Instead we got lamb testicles.[/quote]

Ah, yes, but remember that in some countries, lamb testicles are a delicacy.  :)

FWIW, I was underwhelmed by Bananas 2, too.
czambo@mac.com