Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud Query...  (Read 3079 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud Query...
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:41:20 AM »
Wishing Adam Kliest was still here.
Anyhow...was there a time on Family Feud (Combs) when they introed the families, it was "yellowed" out; and once Gene announced all five members, the scrren turned to color and the family "came alive"?

Or am I just imagining things?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

Family Feud Query...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:45:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 31 2005, 10:41 AM\']Wishing Adam Kliest was still here.
Anyhow...was there a time on Family Feud (Combs) when they introed the families, it was "yellowed" out; and once Gene announced all five members, the scrren turned to color and the family "came alive"?

[snapback]87163[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope, you're not imagining things. There was a point (around 1991 or 1992? Unfortunately, I can't give you an EXACT DATE but I'm sure you understand) that they started to do this. It was meant to look like an old-time photo, me thinks.

And also, I think by the time of Family Feud Challenge, they shortened the name of the intros to just the family name (and put "ODOR FAMILY", for example, on the bottom of the screen when intro'd), and it slid away.

zachhoran

Family Feud Query...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:56:06 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 31 2005, 09:45 AM\']

Nope, you're not imagining things. There was a point (around 1991 or 1992? Unfortunately, I can't give you an EXACT DATE but I'm sure you understand) that they started to do this. It was meant to look like an old-time photo, me thinks.

And also, I think by the time of Family Feud Challenge, they shortened the name of the intros to just the family name (and put "ODOR FAMILY", for example, on the bottom of the screen when intro'd), and it slid away.
[snapback]87165[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was done pre-FF Challenge, correct. They used that old-time photo technique on the 1987 Combs pilot too.

jmangin

Family Feud Query...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:21:38 AM »
The actual name of the color tone effect is sepia.  It's named for a pigment of the sepia cuttlefish used in developing photographs.

MyCapableAssistant

Family Feud Query...
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 12:45:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 31 2005, 07:41 AM\']Wishing Adam Kliest was still here.

[snapback]87163[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, you still have Zach!

Another option is Ray's sister, Toni.
Perhaps she might be able to shed some light on the situation which
you're describing...
She LOVES talking about her brother, and this time of year is the hardest for her - (and ALL of Ray's *loyal*  fans)

What you've described does indeed sound familiar to me, but beyond that, I'm not clear on it either...

You did get a few answers. Hope they helped!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud Query...
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 02:49:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 31 2005, 07:41 AM\']Wishing Adam Kliest was still here.
[/quote]
DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe