Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie Sale  (Read 2755 times)

golden-road

Aussie Sale
« on: May 31, 2005, 06:05:53 PM »
I was wondering, some websites mention a Cashcard. Could anyone please explain it to me?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aussie Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' date=\'May 31 2005, 03:05 PM\']I was wondering, some websites mention a Cashcard. Could anyone please explain it to me?
[snapback]87241[/snapback]
[/quote]
Their version of Instant Cash. Player chooses among cards with the four playing card suits on them, one of them conceals a cash jackpot, the others a smaller consolation prize.

(That said, the Australian Game Show Page shows a Cashcard screen that looks more like a slot machine, but I'm sure the game is similar.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

Aussie Sale
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »
I was wondering, some websites mention a Cashcard. Could anyone please explain it to me?

Ask and ye shall recieve, my friend:

If the player offered the 3rd Gift Shop item (Instant Bargain, to us in the States) buys it, s/he is also eligible to try the Cash Cards...there are 4 of them (hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades), and depending on which one is chosen, s/he will win:

- A $15 "refund"
- The "joker", $otC's equivalent of a LMaD "zonk" (later replaced in 93 by a "Take $5" card, where the player could take $5 from one of his/her opponents and add it to his/her score, which in turn was later replaced by the "car space", which gave a player who came up w/it the right to try for the car on the Winner's Board, which normally required a win of $100 or more in order for it to appear)
- A bonus prize, usually worth between $2K-$3K (this was scrapped in favor of a Take $5 reinstatement, w/the switch to $ale of the New Century in 00)
- The $5K "cash card" (originally, this was a growing jackpot that began at $5K and increased by $1K each night it wasn't won, but was later changed to a flat $5K in 94)

Also of note is that originally, if the leading player opted not to go for the CC, the 2nd-place player was then offered that chance, but the jackpot card was removed from the lineup...this option was scrapped in 93.

And the setup changed over the years, as well...originally, they used actual playing cards (about the size of those in TPiR's Card Game, 89-94), then 4 slot machine-type devices (94-99), then a single slot machine (00-01).

Oh, and thanks to Edy Syquer of the "Australian Game Shows" site for a good bit of this info. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 09:57:58 PM by ChuckNet »