Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Week's Ebay Report  (Read 3978 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This Week's Ebay Report
« on: June 05, 2005, 10:42:29 PM »
We open with The Diamond Head Game. Would be a steal at 99¢...I've searched for this for about 5 years, and only seen it one other time.
The same seller has Dealer's Choice up for bids, and it's already at $31.00. Click here.
1963 Edition of TV Guide, game shows is the cover subject.
I thought I remembered someone talking about this not too long ago...the Pay Cards board game.
Fire up that Password Plus cartridge. A allegedly working MB OMNI entertainment system.
I remember when these went for a lot more than 49 cents. Match Game, it's the 2nd edition I believe. I know it's not the 1st.
Something interesting from "The Electric Company"....their version of a Game Show Book.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 11:09:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jun 5 2005, 07:42 PM\']We open with The Diamond Head Game. Would be a steal at 99¢...I've searched for this for about 5 years, and only seen it one other time.
[/quote]
I don't wanna *watch* this, why in the hell would I wanna play it? :)

Besides, the endgame was the only part of the show worth a damn, and I can recreate that with a stack of Monopoly money and a couple of box fans. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

RobertSearcy

• Executive Producer
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 11:59:07 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't even give a nickel for that Diamond Head game......that game was just.....blah.  Now, for the other finds.....those are some damn good ones.

Also good seeing that Dealer's Choice game (don't ask me why, the game sounded good, but that Bob Hoskins or whoever the bloody hell that was that hosted it before Jack Clark couldn't host worth crap IMO).

Pay Cards......neat seeing that home game as well.  Too bad the show didn't last long (that I remember).

Keep 'em comin' Mark.....these finds are getting pretty good lately (well.....when have these finds never been good?  lol).
"If everyone played Stud 8, it wouldn't matter who's in the White House because this would be one happy country!" -- Norman Chad during the 2007 World Series of Poker $50K HORSE event

inturnaround

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 01:56:34 AM »
I put a cheap bid in on the TV Guide...more for the Muppets story than the game show one. You never know with eBay. :)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Don Howard

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 02:11:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jun 5 2005, 09:42 PM\']We open with The Diamond Head Game. Would be a steal at 99¢...I've searched for this for about 5 years, and only seen it one other time.
[snapback]87978[/snapback]
[/quote]
Plus close to nine bucks for shipping. For 99 cents only, I might've gone for it. I like Chris's idea about the Monopoly $$$ and the box fans better anyway.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 02:11:58 AM by Don Howard »

Craig Karlberg

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 05:05:20 AM »
Some neat finds as usual Mark.

No surprise Dealer's Choice gets more bids than the Diamond Head Game.  Monopply $$$ is a great way to recreate theat endgame along with those fans.  Now if only there was a booth large enough to plug those fans into to create the same effect as a "wind machine".  That would be cool.

Man, I remember watching the Electric Company back in the mid 70's.  That show was pure genius.  I somerines picture somebody saying a secret word & all those game show-type sound effecrs kick in & confetti starts flying.  Those were the days.

aaron sica

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 10:51:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 6 2005, 05:05 AM\']
Man, I remember watching the Electric Company back in the mid 70's.  That show was pure genius.  I somerines picture somebody saying a secret word & all those game show-type sound effecrs kick in & confetti starts flying.  Those were the days.
[snapback]87990[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, as per this current week's TVG, the show will be revived and coming back to PBS in 2007. As well, DVD's of the original show start to be released near the end of the year...And as for the segment you're describing, it went like this:

"Winnie has five seconds to say this word." [word appears above her head]. "Can you say it before she does?"

Sometimes Winnie, sometimes another cast member.
If they said the word: Whoops and clanks (much like a double-showcase winner!) and confetti.
If they didn't say the word: Sounded like a weak duck quack.

Sorry to veer off topic, but Electric Company touched a nerve - that's always been one of my favorite shows.

ObGameShow: Rita Moreno appeared on the panel of some game shows.

MikeK

• Martha!
This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:56:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jun 5 2005, 10:42 PM\']We open with The Diamond Head Game. Would be a steal at 99¢...I've searched for this for about 5 years, and only seen it one other time.[/quote]
You're not looking hard enough, Mark.  Diamond Head usually pops up on eBay about once every 3 to 6 months.  I've seen about a dozen copies on eBay in the past 5 years.  The Dealer's Choice game appears less frequently on the 'Bay.

For the DH bonus game, I'd prefer to go with the combination of Monopoly money, a leaf blower, and a shower stall.

Jimmy Owen

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 01:07:58 PM »
I would wager that an 8X10 of the DH game box would fetch more on ebay than the game itself.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

This Week's Ebay Report
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 03:30:08 PM »
Bob Hastings did "Dealer's Choice" before Jack Clark.  And lord, he was awful.