Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game  (Read 3560 times)

SamPrainito

Match Game
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:24:01 AM »
I'm hosting a special "Match Game" this weekend, but I have a few questions.

In a game with two new players (no champion), which contestant goes first
at the start of each round?

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the the player in the "triangle" position always start round one?

Who goes first in round two?  The "circle" player by default, or does the contestant in the lead go first?

I realize I'm over thinking this, but I'd appreciate any help!

-Sam

Neumms

Match Game
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:36:27 AM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 12:24 AM\']I'm hosting a special "Match Game" this weekend, but I have a few questions.

In a game with two new players (no champion), which contestant goes first
at the start of each round?

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the the player in the "triangle" position always start round one?

Who goes first in round two?  The "circle" player by default, or does the contestant in the lead go first?

I realize I'm over thinking this, but I'd appreciate any help!

-Sam
[snapback]87336[/snapback]
[/quote]

Triangle is on the left. That person starts the game. Originally, triangle went first in round two as well. This made it possible to end a game after only three questions, namely if circle led after round one and triangle couldn't match enough to tie. Presumably to prevent that, during the syndicated run whoever was leading went first in round two. (If it was tied, circle went first--Gene said it was because the other player went first in round one.)

Have fun.

SamPrainito

Match Game
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:15:01 AM »
FYI, I'm playing the standard two round "Match Game."

Believe it or not, the event is a church/school closing picnic!  I'm an alum of the school, and since I have a reputation for doing shows like this, they asked me to put something together.  I realize a church and "Match Game" don't exactly go together, but I'll make it work.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures because the props for it look fantastic!

Thanks for the help!

-Sam

Particleman

Match Game
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 07:40:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 12:36 AM\']Triangle is on the left. That person starts the game. Originally, triangle went first in round two as well.
[snapback]87337[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Triangle Man, Triangle Man.  Circle Man hates Triangle Man.  They have a fight, Triangle Wins, Triangle Man."

Um..."Particleman" lyrics by They Might Be Giants.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

tvrandywest

Match Game
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 11:09:57 AM »
[quote name=\'SamPrainito\' date=\'May 31 2005, 10:15 PM\']I realize a church and "Match Game" don't exactly go together, but I'll make it work.
[snapback]87339[/snapback]
[/quote]
Adam said to Eve, "If you're hungry, try eating my  ______"

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

The Ol' Guy

Match Game
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 11:38:49 AM »
Sam, I put together a variation of Match Game that worked just fine at our church, adding a couple of other game show elements. In our game Bible Blanks, we had seven members on the panel and two contestants. 6 questions per game. A contestant picked one of the questions (labeled A-F), and it was read to the panel. 90% of them were popular verses with one word left out. Others were gag questions looking for a key word left out. When all 7 wrote down their answers, we first asked the contestant if they knew the blank word. If right, they scored 1 point. Then, they had to make a decision as to how many of the 7 panelists had the right word. Let's say the contestant thought 5 might have it. The panel then revealed their answers. Like the Mindreaders bonus, the contestant would score 2 points if they were exact, and 1 point if they were only one off (if 4 or 6 panelists were right, they'd score 1 point). If the contestant's guess was more than one off, no points.  We put an interesting twist on the third and final round. If you have any interest, drop me a note and I'll forward the rules and question sheets.

SamPrainito

Match Game
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:08:50 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but the show is this Saturday, and everything is already done.  It's going to be the traditional "Match Game", minus the Audience Match.

I have a list of 150 questions from the show.  I went through the list and selected the potentially "offensive" questions, which left me with some pretty funny questions!  There was one question I was sorry I wasn't able to use:

"Fred said, 'There's something wrong with my television set.  I can see two programs at once.  It's weird.  Bob Vila was ______ing Martha Stewart!'"

-Sam