Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Non-Smoking Room w/ 2 King Beds & Charo To Block..  (Read 7118 times)

uncamark

Non-Smoking Room w/ 2 King Beds & Charo To Block..
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2005, 02:39:56 PM »
I'm not sure on the name, but I believe that for a good portion of "Queen's" run on radio and television, it originated from a *restaurant* in Hollywood called the Moulin Rouge (no relation to any Nicole Kidman movie).

Along those same lines, something in the back of my mind tells me that "T or C" and "It Could Be You" originated from the Knickerbocker Hotel in Hollywood for part of their runs, as NBC was finishing moving out of their old Hollywood studios for Burbank.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 03:02:44 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 11:39 AM\']I'm not sure on the name, but I believe that for a good portion of "Queen's" run on radio and television, it originated from a *restaurant* in Hollywood called the Moulin Rouge (no relation to any Nicole Kidman movie).
[/quote]
It was a "club", according to the EOTVGS, but close enough. :) Later, it was used as the "Star Search Theater", then for Chevy Chase's crapfest, and then a studio for Nickelodeon.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2005, 05:02:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 02:02 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 11:39 AM\']I'm not sure on the name, but I believe that for a good portion of "Queen's" run on radio and television, it originated from a *restaurant* in Hollywood called the Moulin Rouge (no relation to any Nicole Kidman movie).
[/quote]
It was a "club", according to the EOTVGS, but close enough. :) Later, it was used as the "Star Search Theater", then for Chevy Chase's crapfest, and then a studio for Nickelodeon.
[snapback]88463[/snapback]
[/quote]
That was the Aquarius, no?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2005, 05:04:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 02:02 PM\']That was the Aquarius, no?
[/quote]
It was indeed.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 03:11:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 04:04 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 02:02 PM\']That was the Aquarius, no?
[/quote]
It was indeed.
[snapback]88478[/snapback]
[/quote]

Called the Aquarius when it was used for a production of "Hair" in the late 60s/early 70s.  Far out, man.

ChuckNet

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 09:32:21 PM »
Called the Aquarius when it was used for a production of "Hair" in the late 60s/early 70s. Far out, man.

And to keep it GS-related, that was also where the Lange version of Triple Threat was taped.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")