Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anne Robinson on Doctor Who  (Read 6010 times)

EmiOfBrie

Anne Robinson on Doctor Who
« on: June 10, 2005, 06:15:31 PM »
I didn't know if anyone here has posted bout this yet (I checked back about 10 pages), but Anne Robinson will be voicing a robotic version of herself in a deadly version of The Weakest Link on tomorrow's "Doctor Who" on BBC-1.

If you're in a country that gets it, watch it.  If not, it usually shows up on DivX in a couple days after airing.  :)

Pix:
http://www.emiofbrie.com/dwtwl1.png
http://www.emiofbrie.com/dwtwl2.png

Kniwt

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
Grrrr for the lack of a spoiler warning. :(

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 04:39:38 AM »
EEEK!  Glad she's voicing a robotic version of herself.  Can you imagine her in that costume?  Ugly!

Judging by those pictures, I'd say the set looks way futuristic.  More like a century in the future.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:51:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' date=\'Jun 10 2005, 10:41 PM\']Grrrr for the lack of a spoiler warning. :(
[snapback]88657[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is it really a spoiler if she's reporting information anyone could have seen in a promo?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 12:14:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 03:39 AM\']Judging by those pictures, I'd say the set looks way futuristic.  More like a century in the future.
[snapback]88663[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why don't you jump into your time machine and tell us exactly how far into the future it is?

Better yet, stay there.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

EmiOfBrie

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 12:21:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 05:51 AM\']Is it really a spoiler if she's reporting information anyone could have seen in a promo?
[snapback]88667[/snapback]
[/quote]

The pix are from the promo that aired at the end of last week's episode.  Since the pix have already been aired, I didn't think it would be a spoiler.

Also the sub-title topic quote isn't really a spoiler either, as Anne-Droid in the promo is quoted as saying that Rose leaves this life "with nothing"....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 12:29:02 PM by EmiOfBrie »

EmiOfBrie

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 12:24:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 03:39 AM\']Judging by those pictures, I'd say the set looks way futuristic.  More like a century in the future.
[snapback]88663[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now this may be a spoiler, but...

The episode takes place at the end of the 2001st Century (the year 200,100 AD)...

tvwxman

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 12:41 AM\']Grrrr for the lack of a spoiler warning. :(
[snapback]88657[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is it really a spoiler if it doesn't have a damn thing to do with a game show's outcome?

:( to you. Emi, you didn't do a thing wrong..in fact, thanks for the pics.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 01:48:32 PM »
The host kinda looks like a giant Lego person (like the ones in Lego Star Wars)...

And I thought it was a big deal that Price is Right has been on so long. Weakest Link's been on for centuries and centuries according to that!

JayDLewis

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 04:47:11 PM »
[quote name=\'EmiOfBrie\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 11:21 AM\']Also the sub-title topic quote isn't really a spoiler either, as Anne-Droid in the promo is quoted as saying that Rose leaves this life "with nothing"....
[snapback]88679[/snapback]
[/quote]

Anne-droid...BWAHAHAHA

I've only ever watched one complete ep of Dr Who...this may be my 2nd.  :)

To bring this slightly back on-topic...is BBCA still airing WL?
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Ryan Bugaj

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 05:06:19 PM »
It is, along with the Brit version of Dog Eat Dog and The Enemy Within. I think they air on Sunday mornings back-to-back-to-back.

JayDLewis

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »
*thanks for the info Ryan*

I did some poking around the CBC website and tvtome.com for some more information. I won't reveal the episode title (apparently, that would be a HUGE spoiler based on previous episodes..along the lines of the numbers thing on LOST) but I will say that there is another game show link in this episode.

Spoiler space, since someone else freaked out

Apparently, the Doctor is beamed into a Big Brother house and must escape. Another hint: I wonder if Anne Droid will have to ex-ter-min-ate Rose?

jalman

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 11:56:34 AM »
***REALLY, REALLY VAGUE SPOILER ALERT***

Please skip this part...

...really....

...with jelly on top...

I'm watching this episode right now.  I never knew I'd say that the WL losers in our world could get off easy.

***END OF RRVSA***

If anyone is interested for more, ahem, tangible info, e-mail me.

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 02:26:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Ryan Bugaj\' date=\'Jun 11 2005, 04:06 PM\']It is, along with the Brit version of Dog Eat Dog and The Enemy Within. I think they air on Sunday mornings back-to-back-to-back.
[snapback]88693[/snapback]
[/quote]

And it's still on weekdays at 9 a.m. (the evening repeat's been dropped).

And Craig, "Doctor Who" is a science fiction show.  It's set in the future.  Sabe?

JayDLewis

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 11:27:54 PM »
Sorry for bumping this thread.

I've been trying for a while to find a home for a "report" I did on the episode of Doctor Who that revolves (partly) around game shows. It seems no one wanted it so I'll present it myself, at least for a while.

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/lewisj/drwho

You'll find an "article" about the gameshow-y bits along with 19 screen grabs and 2 MP3s from the episode titled 'Blackwolf'. If you have any questions..fire away, I'll answer as best I can.

And no, I don't have a copy of the episode. Enjoy!