Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Distraction"s  (Read 3345 times)

uncamark

New "Distraction"s
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:39:12 PM »
For some reason, probably because I used to contribute to Aaron Barnhart's TV Barn until last week, when the site became a blog on the site of his employer, the Kansas City Star, I get press releases from Comedy Central.  Today, I got a release announcing the second season of "Distraction," which some of you knew was coming from the craigslist post posted here.  It's a 14-episode order and will air sometime in the first quarter of next year.  Jimmy Carr's back as host.

The part I'm going to quote is something you'll be interested in--the new distractions for U.S. Season 2:

New distractions for the second season include: Tattoo -- tattoo artists administer fresh tattoos while contestants try to concentrate on answering questions; Nudist on Turntables -- wearing nothing but index cards with answers written on them, nudists rotate on a turntable as contestants are asked questions that correlate to the answers on the cards and must take the cards/answers off the nudists with their teeth; Electrocution -- contestants receive an electric shock every time they blink as they attempt to answer questions; Geese Peck -- contestants must answer questions while lying down in a pen, covered with feed, as geese eat off their bodies; and Catapult -- a small catapult throws a bevy of items such as eggs, pies and flour into the contestants' faces each time they buzz in to answer a question.

First season "distractions" that will make an encore include: Clothes Pins, contestants must attach as many clothespins on their face as possible during a speed round of questions; Wrestlers, huge wrestlers body slam and throw contestants around while they are asked and answer a variety of questions; and Hot Shots, contestants down a shot of hot sauce before they can answer each question.

------------------

Something to look forward to this winter.  :)

(And the odd number of the order?  They only did 12 last season, and 12 + 14 = 26.)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
New "Distraction"s
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 06:37:54 PM »
The new season sounds like fun, at least for those of us who are fans of the show.

The new Distractions sound like good additions. I'm not sold on the Tattoo(I'm guessing you don't get a choice on what you get, but I'd like to see this- start out getting something, but every question you answer wrong causes the tattoo artist to change the design. Don't know if that would really work, but hey, it's just a thought).

Looking forward to this season.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022