Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows With the Most Set Changes  (Read 2869 times)

Jimmy Owen

Shows With the Most Set Changes
« on: June 12, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »
Without being cancelled and brought back, which shows had the most set overhauls.  Just looking at the encyc., I would venture a guess and say NBC YDS!
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 09:09:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 12 2005, 07:39 PM\']Without being cancelled and brought back, which shows had the most set overhauls.  Just looking at the encyc., I would venture a guess and say NBC YDS!
[snapback]88791[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can't speak for YDS, but GONG certainly made a lot of set adjustments throughout its two-year NBC run (walls were primarily orange, then they added the designs on the walls [and moved the scoreboard over], then the scoreboard was removed, then the big photo of Jamie, Jaye and Arte just left of the stage, then the additional photos of various judges...).

Doug
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:02:10 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:28:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 12 2005, 08:39 PM\']Without being cancelled and brought back, which shows had the most set overhauls.  Just looking at the encyc., I would venture a guess and say NBC YDS!
[snapback]88791[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think WoF could qualify.....Changes in the puzzle board, the contestant backdrops, etc...

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »
I forget which season, but WOF used to change backdrops every week. (they still change the backdrop behind the players with the video wall)

Jeopardy! had 5 set changes (not counting the weeks where they'd be taping elsewhere)

I think the set with the fewest changes was Family Feud (Dawson and Combs) The only changes in the Dawson set were brown microphones to regular looking ones, a blue microphone at the faceoff podium was removed (Dawson wore a lapel mike, so the ugly blue mike was unnecessary) and the brown border around the center scoreboard was removed (or it fell off) The only change to Ray's set was when it became Family Feud Challenge. Scoreboards were added to the family's podiums, and the bottom of the faceoff podium was covered with a red wall, to hide the electronics used to operate the new scoreboards.

wschmrdr

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 01:12:23 PM »
Though it's spread across a long distance of time to make it look like it doesn't seem that way, how about The Price is Right?

My basis on this is the design on the big doors, and the adjustments of colors on the turntable and its part of the set, along with the drops on Contestant's Row. Granted the audience, CR, the turntable, and the big doors have always been in the same position, but their designs have changed many times.