Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Isolating Audio From Video  (Read 4497 times)

Millionaire81

Isolating Audio From Video
« on: June 14, 2005, 12:40:17 AM »
I'm looking to isolate audio sound from video to record some themes.  Any ideas on a good way to do this?  I'm in particular looking to record the theme from "Trato Hecho."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:25:45 AM by Millionaire81 »

jasonatsmtc

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:48:15 AM »
do you have the video file in your pc yet?

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 02:01:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 14 2005, 12:08 AM\']Yes, it's already on my PC.  I recorded the show using my new Windows Media Center edition.  I just can't seem to find a good program to get this done.
[snapback]88966[/snapback]
[/quote]

What you're looking for is a demultiplexer.  The url below should give you a start.

http://www.videohelp.com/faq#demultiplex

If none of the choices there float your boat, just throw demultiplexer into google and you'll get something.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 03:10:51 AM »
I do that my simply setting my your computer's Recording Properties to record "Wave Out Mix"  and recording the audio with Cool Edit 96 as the file plays. That's how I isolated the currently floating around clean segment of the  closing to WoF '95.

--Jamie

jmangin

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 09:19:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Jun 14 2005, 03:10 AM\']I do that my simply setting my your computer's Recording Properties to record "Wave Out Mix"
[snapback]88970[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've done that before using Sound Recorder and it works quite well (obviously you would end up with a .wav quality file).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 02:08:26 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Jun 14 2005, 06:19 AM\']I've done that before using Sound Recorder and it works quite well (obviously you would end up with a .wav quality file).
[/quote]
It works okay. As an audiophile, I would circumcise myself with a rusty butter knife before sending audio I wanted to archive through another D/A conversion. But, as an audiophile, I would never consider something pulled off of a taped broadcast of a game show to be archivable. If you're happy doing that, I suppose it would be an allright way to do it, because the audio quality isn't gonna be anywhere near CD-quality, anyhow.

The way I usually do it is to use Graphedit to see how the video file is demuxed natively and then figure out where to use a dump filter on the audio, which usually results in an unsigned WAV that I can shoot through GoldWave for trimming and conversion to whatever format I ultimately want it in. But I realize this is a fairly advanced way to go about it.

(And if this didn't make sense, don't email me asking for a step-by-step, because I'm not gonna do it. I will, however, offer the following URL: http://www.apecity.com/tivo/, which is what I used to learn Graphedit and extrapolated the knowledge gained therein to figure out how to do this.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe