Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Season 33  (Read 5717 times)

CarShark

TPiR Season 33
« on: June 15, 2005, 01:12:25 AM »
What do you remember most about this Season?

* One Away finished with a record of 18-8 (69%). It was never lost more than twice in a row. It was won four times in a row twice and five times in a row once. It's too bad a Ford Thunderbird was lost during the MDSs.

* On the other side of the coin was Five Price Tags, which suffered the ignominy of not being won all season long. That hadn't happened since Switcheroo in Season 30. Granted, it was only played seven times, but still... It's not like I'm blaming the producers solely. Three of the seven contestants earned only one pick of the five tags. That's bad, but what's even worse is that two people managed to lose with three choices of the five tags.

* Also occupying the cellar with 5PT was Card Game, where a combination of producer trickery and contestant stupidity led to a 1-13 record. Then came the rule change. A $5000 range card? That's TOO Much!

* Pocket Change debuted and finished with a record of 8-3. In three playings, people won the car without having to look at the envelopes. Needless to say, they were the three least exciting playings.

* 1/2 Off went through the paces of a full season and finished 8-18. It should have been a lot better, but people were blowing the SP front game something fierce. The last playing is evidence of that.

* Lucky $even was going pretty good until the end of January (8-4), but thanks to a budget crunch, our good friends Paint Sealant and Fabric Protectant, and the producers sudden love affair with 1 and 9, L$ finished 1-10 for its usual sub-.500 record.

* On the Spot may have taken its swan song, but at least it finished with a couple of wins.

* The best Showcase I saw was The Dating Show, where Brandi played the Bachelorette. It ended with a Pontiac GTO!!

* How come every time a GTO or Crossfire was in a Showcase, people would bid $10000 less than the ARP? Sheesh.

* Pathfinder was only being played once a month. Then they played it about twice a month to get it back on track. It was finally won...in May. They used PS and FP on the majority of the cars to ensure that no one would have much of a chance.

* For one glorious week, Contestants' Row bids were given expediently. Never again.

* It took until November before someone hit the $10,000 spot in Pl!nko. After that, 14 of the last 25 contestants hit the ten grand spot.

* Race Game was only won twice out of eleven times. Why???

* Ten Chances was only won three times out of 12. WHY????

OK, I'm done for now. What about you guys?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 07:07:25 PM by dzinkin »

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:27:43 AM »
Okay, I guess I'll be the first to ask...huh?

CarShark

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:44:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 12:27 AM\']Okay, I guess I'll be the first to ask...huh?
[snapback]89097[/snapback]
[/quote]
A little posting mistake, Steve. Be patient.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR Season 33
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 05:29:01 AM »
No, I've seen the entire post, and I'm STILL saying: huh?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 05:54:06 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 12:12 AM\']* How come every time a GTO or Crossfire was in a Showcase, people would bid $10000 less than the ARP? Sheesh.
[snapback]89091[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm guessing it's because you don't see a Crossfire on the road as often as a PT Cruiser or a Neon, so contestants don't know what to hell to bid. I also guess that contestant's would rather be under than over, so why not try to be safe.

Hell, I only know the car because I like to read Car and Driver, but the average person prolly doesn't know the car from Adam, unless the contestant is an avid car collector.

BTW, I looked at the Solstice in your sig. and would've guessed $30,000. That might help answer your question. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:54:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 05:29 AM\']No, I've seen the entire post, and I'm STILL saying: huh?
[snapback]89113[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think it's that some people just overanalyze this show.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

jmangin

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 09:21:52 AM »
Interesting...but they just finished taping Season 33, not 34.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
TPiR Season 33
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 10:09:53 AM »
What do I remember most?  Actually attending a taping for the first time, of course.  And today (6/15/05) marks the one-year anniversary of that taping, part of one of the best trips I've ever taken.  While I can't do justice to CarShark or golden-road.net's recaps, a couple of notes about the show I attended can be found here.

Doug
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 10:10:28 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

CarShark

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\']No, I've seen the entire post, and I'm STILL saying: huh?[/quote]
This is just a thread I started for comments about the last season of TPiR. There has to be something funny, strange or unusual you remember.

[quote name=\'cmjb13\']I think it's that some people just overanalyze this show.[/quote]
Not really. I just observed some things from watching the show nearly every day.

[quote name=\'jmangin\']Interesting...but they just finished taping Season 33, not 34.[/quote]
Ugh. I should have known that I would do something ridiculous like that. That's what I get for posting at midnight.

cacLA8383

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:36:39 PM »
Ugh. I should have known that I would do something ridiculous like that. That's what I get for posting at midnight.

Uh, I don't think that has anything to do with you posting that at midnight, quite frankly. I'm with Chris on "huh?"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 12:37:27 PM by cacLA8383 »

passwordplus

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 12:52:16 PM »
Just another day at the HUH corral

I thought I was gonna get a scouting report of S 34 premiere, but I forgot some people like to post errouneously and not correct it

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPiR Season 33
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 01:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 05:54 AM\']I think it's that some people just overanalyze this show.
[/quote]
I find the statistics far more mind-engaging then, say, an "almanac" entry filled with inaccuracies from week to week.

My guess is the average Joe has no clue how much a car costs.  One time in the Palace--we had a contestant play One Away for a Ford Focus--and he priced it at $34,xxx.  Needless to say, he got 0 numbers right.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 01:25:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 01:11 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 05:54 AM\']I think it's that some people just overanalyze this show.
[/quote]
I find the statistics far more mind-engaging then, say, an "almanac" entry filled with inaccuracies from week to week.
[snapback]89158[/snapback]
[/quote]
But some would find other "mind-engaging" things in life to do.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

CarShark

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 01:47:17 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 11:52 AM\']Just another day at the HUH corral

I thought I was gonna get a scouting report of S 34 premiere, but I forgot some people like to post errouneously and not correct it
[snapback]89151[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I can't change the title. Only a moderator can do that. (EDIT: Correct, Mr. CarShark.  And one just did. -DZ)  Like I said before, it was a typo.

If you want to know what will happen on the premiere, you should go to Golden Road. Green or Sly might know something about it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 07:08:10 PM by dzinkin »

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR Season 33
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 02:05:17 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 01:47 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 11:52 AM\']Just another day at the HUH corral

[snapback]89151[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I can't change the title. Only a moderator can do that. Like I said before, it was a typo.

If you want to know what will happen on the premiere, you should go to Golden Road. Green or Sly might know something about it.
[snapback]89166[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, our site has a no-spoiler policy.