Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Holly and Janice on GSGB5  (Read 3777 times)

gaubster2

Holly and Janice on GSGB5
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:22:32 AM »
This weekend's showing of Game Show Gone Bananas5 had a clip of Janice w/ the infamous "pop-up bar" as well as the time Janice made her miracle putt.  The latter clip also includes Holly.  Did they sign releases to appear on this show?  I only mention this because GSGB4 (or was it #3?) had Dian in a car as part of Lucky 7 and she was digitally blurred out.

tvrandywest

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:17:31 AM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 08:22 PM\']This weekend's showing of Game Show Gone Bananas5 had a clip of Janice w/ the infamous "pop-up bar" as well as the time Janice made her miracle putt.  The latter clip also includes Holly.  Did they sign releases to appear on this show?  I only mention this because GSGB4 (or was it #3?) had Dian in a car as part of Lucky 7 and she was digitally blurred out.
[snapback]89601[/snapback]
[/quote]
I was going to offer an explanation, but on second thought I'm better off not saying anything!

As a general point of information, the AFTRA and SAG contracts with talent in recent decades already grant permission for re-use of the talent's likeness and performance in all media, provided the appropriate additional payments are made. Getting releases signed before a clip can be used is an issue with talent for very old material (before the contracts anticipated cable, home video, foreign, in-flight, and other so-called supplemental markets) or for programming elements other than the talent, such as music clearances.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:18:22 AM by chris319 »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 04:42:31 AM »
I may have missed the Hole in One clip but I did catch the "pop-up" bar incident on GSGB5 on Saturday.

As far as the Lucky 7 clip goes, that was from GSGB2 not 3 or 4.