Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New video game console  (Read 5528 times)

Bob Zager

New video game console
« on: May 26, 2005, 11:44:10 AM »
If you click the following link, you'll find information, as well as illustrations of a new video game console, based on Win, Lose or Draw:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=322155

The same maker is supposedly going to be releasing a video game console based on The Apprentice, which may or may not "qualify" as a game show in the opinions of some.

Meanwhile, over at amazon.com (or toysrus.com), they list new video game console versions of Jeopardy! and WOF.  Not much detail, other than that the WOF console is tentatively coming in October.

Anyone hear any new news regarding Wheel of Fortune Live Play by Tiger?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New video game console
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 12:07:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'May 26 2005, 08:44 AM\']If you click the following link, you'll find information, as well as illustrations of a new video game console, based on Win, Lose or Draw:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=322155
[/quote]
So from the looks of it, the "ar-teest" gets the word or phrase in an LCD at the top of the drawing pad, and has buttons for Right and Pass and what not. Damned clever.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davewalls

New video game console
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 02:51:43 PM »
To my friends:

You now know what to get me for Christmas. No excuses this year.
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

Pyramid80

New video game console
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 03:48:33 PM »
Looks like a pretty nifty little game.  I guess I can now officially retire my home game and dry-erase marker board.

WhammyPower

New video game console
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »
Dang!  That's on my birthday list!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 06:04:48 PM by WhammyPower »

joshg

New video game console
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 06:23:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'May 26 2005, 07:44 AM\']Meanwhile, over at amazon.com (or toysrus.com), they list new video game console versions of Jeopardy! and WOF.  Not much detail, other than that the WOF console is tentatively coming in October.

[snapback]86591[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Wheel and Jeopardy games are from Toymax (which looks like a renamed Jakks TV, the same people who brought us the Plug and Play games)

see link:

http://www.jakkstvgames.com/products.html

A world of choices for Christmas this year...

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

WhammyPower

New video game console
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 07:42:10 PM »
Oh, look.  Cheaper at Amazon.

bwood

New video game console
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 12:36:24 AM »
Quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen in a while. You've gotta admit, this one came out of nowhere. Win, Lose Or Draw, a show that's almost 20 years old is brought back as a TV game, that's awesome. They could have just as easily called it something else (TV Pictionary, etc.) but they didn't (Buena Vista probably licensed the name cheap). Many thanks to the people at Senario. It says it will be released tomorrow (5/27). You can bet I will be making some calls.
I can't wait to see the WoF and J! games. Wasn't there a TPiR one announced as well? I know the DVD game is coming but I thought I read about a Plug N' Play.

Brandon
(who's still wondering about WoF LivePlay)

Craig Karlberg

New video game console
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 04:49:31 AM »
Yeah. this one caught me by surprise.  At about $30 bucks($25 at amazon.com), it practically sells itself.  Sounds like a neat little party game.  I'll keep my eyes open for it.

WhammyPower

New video game console
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 12:35:50 PM »
The ETA at Gamestop has been changed to tomorrow.  Is this going the way of most Xbox games? (as in, perpetual delaying of a release)

Craig Karlberg

New video game console
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 04:53:56 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'May 29 2005, 11:35 AM\']The ETA at Gamestop has been changed to tomorrow.  Is this going the way of most Xbox games? (as in, perpetual delaying of a release)
[snapback]86905[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not just Xbox that's getting the delay treatment, I've seen where many Nintendo games get delayed either because of shipping delays or the game developers need more time to make the game "look good" to the buying public.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Also, Playstation 2 & PC games go through the same thing.  Hopefully, the Win Loose or Draw game doesn't suffer too much from a slight delay.

Steve Gavazzi

New video game console
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 12:09:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 30 2005, 04:53 AM\']Hopefully, the Win Loose or Draw game doesn't suffer too much from a slight delay.
[snapback]86997[/snapback]
[/quote]

What the hell is "Win Loose or Draw?"  Sounds like something where you have to either paint or not wear a belt.

bwood

New video game console
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 11:36:44 AM »
The game is now available at GameStop. I bought my copy at one in Columbus Ohio last Friday.
First things first, as with most of the TV games, don't be fooled by the so called "screenshots" on the back and what you saw on the net. The images are not that crisp and clean. They look to be about 8 bit and that's really the only thing that's wrong, but I know since everything is self contained it would be hard to use better graphics, I just wish they wouldn't have presented them the wrong way. At first it was a real dissapointment to me, but I've learned to accept it. Your drawings look ok, it's just the border around them and the score recaps.

The drawing pad works really well. There are 3 game modes, easy, med., hard. Learning to look at the TV as you draw is challenging at first, but gets easier after a while. You press down harder to draw and to move your pen, you just tap where you want it to go and it doesn't make a mark.

The LCD screen is not like the one shown in the pic (like the puzzleboard to the 95' Tiger WoF handheld) it is actually improved upon (dot matrix made from squares).

The game has two rounds. The drawing round (you pic 5, 10, or 15 rounds at the start of the game). And the quick draw round (90 seconds to draw as many pics as you can correctly). Whoever's in the lead after Quick Draw wins as in the show. The scoring system is odd, you have one minute and when you get the drawing correct and press the button, you score however many seconds are left on the clock. The quick draw round has set scoring per pic, but it depends on what mode you play as to how much it's worth.

I haven't played it in a "party" setting yet, but plan to. I've had words like "Beethoven" and "Pharoh" in easy mode but I pulled it off.

The game came with a leaflet that boasts a new console called "The Perfect Mate" which is kind of a NG/DG hybrid, or so it seems. I emailed Senario and it's due out Aug./Sept. along with "The Apprentice" and "WWTBAM".

The games not too bad. It is worth the $29.99 for us game show fans. I'm just happy these companies have finally started making game show TV games.

Bob Zager

New video game console
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 07:31:45 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 10:36 AM\']The game is now available at GameStop. I bought my copy at one in Columbus Ohio last Friday.
First things first, as with most of the TV games, don't be fooled by the so called "screenshots" on the back and what you saw on the net. The images are not that crisp and clean. They look to be about 8 bit and that's really the only thing that's wrong, but I know since everything is self contained it would be hard to use better graphics, I just wish they wouldn't have presented them the wrong way. At first it was a real dissapointment to me, but I've learned to accept it. Your drawings look ok, it's just the border around them and the score recaps.

The drawing pad works really well. There are 3 game modes, easy, med., hard. Learning to look at the TV as you draw is challenging at first, but gets easier after a while. You press down harder to draw and to move your pen, you just tap where you want it to go and it doesn't make a mark.

The LCD screen is not like the one shown in the pic (like the puzzleboard to the 95' Tiger WoF handheld) it is actually improved upon (dot matrix made from squares).

The game has two rounds. The drawing round (you pic 5, 10, or 15 rounds at the start of the game). And the quick draw round (90 seconds to draw as many pics as you can correctly). Whoever's in the lead after Quick Draw wins as in the show. The scoring system is odd, you have one minute and when you get the drawing correct and press the button, you score however many seconds are left on the clock. The quick draw round has set scoring per pic, but it depends on what mode you play as to how much it's worth.

I haven't played it in a "party" setting yet, but plan to. I've had words like "Beethoven" and "Pharoh" in easy mode but I pulled it off.

The game came with a leaflet that boasts a new console called "The Perfect Mate" which is kind of a NG/DG hybrid, or so it seems. I emailed Senario and it's due out Aug./Sept. along with "The Apprentice" and "WWTBAM".

The games not too bad. It is worth the $29.99 for us game show fans. I'm just happy these companies have finally started making game show TV games.
[snapback]89742[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you for the info.  I've looked at various outlets in my area, and haven't found one yet.

It doesn't surprise me that the quality of the graphics appears to be "8-bit," since the current line of Jakks Pacific games I've seen in stores appear that way themselves.  I guess the Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune video games from JP are going to have similar quality graphics to them.

While on the subject, I saw some new information on TWO  Jakks Pacific games.  First, at their own site, they mention this week, about extending their agreement with Fremantle Media, in creating expansions for their Family Feud line of video games, coming out in 2006.

Meanwhile, over at amazon.com, the release date of WOF, has been pushed back to November, but there is mention of the Jeopardy TV game being available online only, and ships in 2 to 3 days.  I doubt that is correct, since JP still says "coming soon."