Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paging Cell Phone Users...  (Read 5514 times)

TimK2003

Paging Cell Phone Users...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 10:13:58 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 07:53 AM\']Is it just me, or does it seem like Sony seems to be having a little more success with their shows than Freemantle is. FM seems to be going for the multiplayer style, which isn't generally translating well at all...
[snapback]87636[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sony's original cash cow, "Wheel Of Fortune", is hands down the simplest of all the cellular game-shows out there.  You spin the wheel, you pick a letter, you guess the puzzle (I haven't seen nor played cellular J!).  

As far as the FM games go, there really isn't anything as simple as Wheel that can be played on a cell phone.  The only 2 games that I think could work is the Card Sharks Money Cards game and perhaps the (Super) Password (Plus) puzzleboard game.  

If you were to make the Card Sharks into a daily "play for prizes" format, like Wheel, you could have each player have 5 shots at the cards per day, and base the scores on the average scores of the 5 games plus a bonus related to how quickly the games are played.

For Password, show one clue at a time, and let the player enter an answer.  Assign points based on what clue of the 5 they get the correct answer on plus the bonus based on how quickly the games were played.  Again, tournament scores would be based on the average score of the 5 rounds.

(If you are confused on the scoring system, it is pretty much the same system on the Cellular Wheel game, which is a pretty fair way of rating players).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 12:46:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 07:13 AM\']The only 2 games that I think could work is the Card Sharks Money Cards
[/quote]
Which would, actually, make an EXCEPTIONAL phone game, if you ask me. 'Cept a global high-score list would be blown out of the water in a hurry, as people doubled all the way up. Kinda how people hacked the high score list on FlashGames Scrabble...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyramid100

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 03:36:05 PM »
anyone played the weakest link mobile game?