Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie TPiR change  (Read 5683 times)

remlap

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 08:36:37 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jul 2 2005, 11:33 PM\']Of course Danielle Aitken, Kathy Lloyd, Kimberly, Samantha Steele, Sarita Stella we'll be moved to Nine Networks other Game Show Temptation., and yes get rid of that male model from temptation and replace it with 2 more female models, that's better.
[snapback]90668[/snapback]
[/quote]

Its Atkin, I really doubt Kimberly would, she was brought in to help make her a star in the future, I doubt she would fit in with Temptation a 9 year old ish girl would it?

ChuckNet

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 05:56:39 PM »
Well, now that they're back to a half-hr, at least we'll see less reliance on gimmicks than the hr version...earlier this year, Aussie TPiR had:

- The $500K Mega Showcase (which actually started as an occasional gimmick last year)
- Celebrity Week, where celebs modeled each game's prize(s), then joined the contestant onstage to help them w/their game
- Generation Gap Week, where family pairs (usually parents/grandparents and kids) played

Has any other version used "special" weeks like these? Maybe a return to the basics is just what TPiR needs...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Steve Gavazzi

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 09:28:47 PM »
I think you missed a post here, Chuck...Aussie Price has been cancelled.

uncamark

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »
It seems to me that game shows that offer prizes and run plugs can air on AFRTS--it's just that there's no advertising and public service annoucnements and military announcements run in the commercial breaks.  

In fact, while checking AFRTS' schedule, even though "TPIR" is currently on, "Wheel" and "J!" are.  If they can air "Wheel," they can definitely air "TPIR."

remlap

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 04:49:22 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 07:57 PM\']It seems to me that game shows that offer prizes and run plugs can air on AFRTS--it's just that there's no advertising and public service annoucnements and military announcements run in the commercial breaks. 

In fact, while checking AFRTS' schedule, even though "TPIR" is currently on, "Wheel" and "J!" are.  If they can air "Wheel," they can definitely air "TPIR."
[snapback]90803[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now I know little of AFN, I do know a little just from curosity with satellite tv in general, and their Powervu encryption.

But TPiR has way to many product plugs for AFN Im guessing, Jeopardy has little to none and they have thrown Wheel on for the sake of making it seem right.

Jeopardy only real product plug is for cars in college weeks and such, which still really baffles me why it isnt shown in the UK since it requires no editing at all.

I have friends in Germany who have huge tv aerials setup to pick up the over the air transmissions of AFN from their bases and its possible to, their radio transmitter can be picked up here in the UK some nights.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 04:50:25 PM by remlap »

ChuckNet

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005, 07:44:13 PM »
I think you missed a post here, Chuck...Aussie Price has been cancelled.

When did that happen? Last I saw of it, from a friend's video list, it was still airing as of 5/30...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 08:02:30 PM by ChuckNet »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005, 08:37:31 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 04:44 PM\']When did that happen? Last I saw of it, from a friend's video list, it was still airing as of 5/30...
[/quote]
The article I read (which I can't remember where I saw the URL of, or else I would provide it) was either on the same day or the day before Steve posted. So 6/2 or 6/3.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe