Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TTTT's interesting impostors  (Read 2857 times)

Jay Temple

TTTT's interesting impostors
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:17:07 PM »
Zach's post on today's TTTT90 got me to thinking:  What interesting impostors have you seen?  The Outrageous Moments series includes the one where Kitty Carlisle's son and Joe Garagiola's son are the impostors.  From the original broadcasts, I remember:
  • One central character was an Air Force One pilot for Jimmy Carter, and his name was Jimmy Carter.  So were both impostors'.
  • I remember a blind forest ranger (or something like it) with a unisex name.  His wife was one of the impostors.
  • I remember a teenager (or maybe preteen) whose school band made an interesting trip of some sort.  His brother was one of the impostors.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

TimK2003

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 01:17 PM\']Zach's post on today's TTTT90 got me to thinking:  What interesting impostors have you seen? 
[snapback]90799[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mid 70's Moore TTTT:  Soupy Sales dressed in drag to be a female imposter.  I don't know how many people he fooled (if any) nor who the real person was, I just remembered him pulling off his wig when asked who he really was.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 08:05:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 06:12 PM\']Mid 70's Moore TTTT:  Soupy Sales dressed in drag to be a female imposter.  I don't know how many people he fooled (if any) nor who the real person was, I just remembered him pulling off his wig when asked who he really was.
[snapback]90832[/snapback]
[/quote]
Then we should also count the Xmas Day TTTT90 ep (which should be coming up in a few weeks), where Rip Taylor and Christopher Hewitt were imposters for Jim Brennan, who ran a Santa Claus telephone answering service.

Doug --  and the countdown to 1300 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

musicman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 08:12:16 PM »
Talk about coincidence... a few weeks ago while the jury was deciding Michael Jackson's fate, there was an episode of TTTT with three people claiming to be a former priest who left the priesthood to marry a nun (#1 was real).  One of the imposters did look familiar and sure enough, I knew why!

HOST: Number 2 what is your name and what do you do?

#2.  My name is Tom Messearu and I am an entertainment lawyer.

Back in 1990, Tom had salt & pepper (mostly pepper) hair of NORMAL length.