Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Amiga Game Shows  (Read 5915 times)

jrjgames

The Amiga Game Shows
« on: August 12, 2003, 08:16:03 AM »
(ALL UPLOADS WILL BE DONE IN APPROX. 30 MINUTES)

Some of you have seen these!

If you check out my Amiga Game Show page, you will find some clips of what the game looked like and how it played.

http://www.jrjgames.com/main/new/amiga/scrabble.htm

There are clips from my Scrabble (yes, no Scrabble Sprint...never finished), $100,000 Pyramid and Classic Concentration.

At some parts the audio might not sync up, I was having problems with the transfer, but you'll get an idea of how detailed these games were!

Enjoy!
John

DJDustman

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 02:34:24 PM »
Is there no way you can upload these games to your computer to download and play on the PC?

TPIRkid79

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:00:26 PM »
Gee John, did these Amiga games really have these SFX's, or did you put them into these movies?

Casey Buck

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 03:28:39 PM »
John:

Are you going to upload a video from the Family Feud Amiga game? I noticed that you based the $100K Pyramid game from the little-known Davidson version, not the Clark version; interesting. Do you still have the sound effects from those games (a lot of them are in better quality than the ones on Jay Lewis's SFX page)?

LA the DJ

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 06:52:37 PM »
Amiga emulators are out there, should he decide to put the games up.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

jrjgames

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 07:04:58 PM »
Every piece of sound effect and music is from the ACTUAL Amiga Game...the only thing that was added was the screen transitions..other than that, that is what you would have seen and heard if you played the game on an Amiga.

Yes I will do Feud soon and I did Pyramid when the Davidson version was on.

As for uploading the games...can a PC read an Amiga floppy?  I have no idea how to get them to a PC for emulation play.

John

dzinkin

The Amiga Game Shows
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 11:36:58 PM »
[quote name=\'jrjgames\' date=\'Aug 12 2003, 07:04 PM\'] As for uploading the games...can a PC read an Amiga floppy?  I have no idea how to get them to a PC for emulation play. [/quote]
 PCs can't read Amiga floppies without special hardware or software assistance, but the reverse -- reading and writing PC floppies in an Amiga -- is usually fairly simple with CrossDOS, which was included with later versions of the Amiga OS.  Just compress the files using Zip or LHA, copy to a PC floppy in the Amiga, then bring the floppy to the PC.  If you don't have CrossDOS, there's also freeware which can do most of what CrossDOS does.

If you have to go the other way, supposedly this program can read Amiga floppies in a PC...

http://www.oldskool.org/disk2fdi/

I've never tried it, but if you have a PC with two 3.5\" floppy drives -- not common these days, I know -- then it might be worth a shot.  There are also hardware solutions like the Catweasel ISA/PCI card (which uses a PC floppy drive) and the \"Amiga Floppy Reader\" add-on (which connects an Amiga floppy drive to the PC), but they're typically either expensive to buy or complicated to build; they're worthwhile only if you have many disks to transfer.

Alternatively, you can use a serial cable to connect the PC and the Amiga together and transfer the Zip or LHA archives directly using a terminal program at each end... or, if your Amiga has Internet access, you can email the files to yourself or use an FTP or web server as the intermediary.

- David
(ran an Amiga lab for a year in med school)