Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cullen 'TPIR'  (Read 3631 times)

The Pyramids

Cullen 'TPIR'
« on: July 10, 2005, 11:02:14 PM »
I imagine this has come up before. I just can't recall right now.

GSN does not have a deal for 'The Price Is Right,' but how come the Bill Cullen show never comes on overnights as it once did?

zachhoran

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 10:02 PM\']I imagine this has come up before. I just can't recall right now.

GSN does not have a deal for 'The Price Is Right,' but how come the Bill Cullen show never comes on overnights as it once did?
[snapback]91153[/snapback]
[/quote]

The rights GSN got to air TPIR includes all US versions of the show save for the 1994 syndicated version.

Winkfan

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 11:58:23 PM »

I hear that Mr. Bore-ker has NO SAY to the airings of Cullen's version, but GSN thinks it wouldn't be fair to show repeats of the ORIGINAL PiR and not show repeats of the CURRENT version.

If it were up to me, I'd say, "Hey GSN! Go ahead and give us CULLEN'S version! Barker be darned!"

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"red\"]the 'Beverly Malden of the Big Board![/color]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:45:04 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

rugrats1

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 12:14:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 10:58 PM\']...GSN thinks it wouldn't be fair to show repeats of the ORIGINAL PiR and not show repeats of the CURRENT version.
[/quote]

Agreed -- especially if some schmoe looks in the TV listings, sees TPIR listed, tunes in to expect Bob Barker in color, only to find Bill Cullen in black-and-white.

Us game show fans probably wouldn't matter, but try explaining it to that poor viewer, who felt that he got gypped.

Steve Gavazzi

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 12:26:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 11:58 PM\']I hear that Mr. Bore-ker has NO SAY the the airing of Cullen's version, but GSN thinks it wouldn't be fair to show repeats of the ORIGINAL PiR and not show repeats of the CURRENT version.
[snapback]91157[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd be interested to know where you heard that.  I'm not familiar with that information.

catkins522

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 12:33:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 10:58 PM\']I hear that Mr. Bore-ker has NO SAY the the airing of Cullen's version, but GSN thinks it wouldn't be fair to show repeats of the ORIGINAL PiR and not show repeats of the CURRENT version.

If it were up to me, I'd say, "Hey GSN! Go ahead and give us CULLEN'S version! Barker be darned!"
[/quote]

Shoot, I would be happy to see all 3 SYN TPiR!

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Jimmy Owen

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 01:57:12 AM »
To me it seems odd that one performer would have a say in whether a different performer's work could or could not be shown, but then we've never seen TorC with Steve Dunne on GSN either, so draw your own conclusion.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

urbanpreppie05

Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 01:21:39 PM »

And that's why it's probably a good thing it's not up to you.

And it's it's Barker. B-A-R-K-E-R.

You don't see us calling Bud Collyer Bud Call-yawn do you?
insert signature here

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cullen 'TPIR'
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 02:04:02 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 11 2005, 10:21 AM\']You don't see us calling Bud Collyer Bud Call-yawn do you?
[/quote]
No, but we do think it. :)

(Actually, of all of the old skool hosts, I do like Bud.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe