Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR audience member  (Read 3115 times)

robsearson

TPIR audience member
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:52:10 PM »
Just finished watching one of the TPIR clips on j-shea.com (great stuff) and something a little interesting caught my eye.  Guess I'm watching these things a little too closely.  This one is the clip of the showcases from the 9/18/86 nighttime special.
( I can't seem to get a direct link to the clip to work correctly here, so go to http://70.84.119.226/%7Eevemag/media_tpir/priceclips.htm
and scroll down to 1986 Primetime Specials near the bottom.  Its the last file in the box [segment38a.mov]. )

Anyway, the first item of showcase #1 is a display of perfumes lowered down in front of contestant's row.  There's a woman whose nametag appears to say Kimberly, sitting up front in the "IS" audience seat, and she's got some papers and a pen and she's flipping through the papers.  This doesn't quite seem like the kind of thing a normal audience member would be doing.
I'll take a stab and wager she was on the show staff in some capacity... Anybody know who Kimberly was, and what she was doing exactly?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPIR audience member
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 11:03:19 PM »
Signing a contestant release?

Standards and Practices?

Show staff?

Filling out an employment application for Galpin Ford?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR audience member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
[quote name=\'robsearson\' date=\'Jul 20 2005, 07:52 PM\']Just finished watching one of the TPIR clips on j-shea.com (great stuff) and something a little interesting caught my eye.  Guess I'm watching these things a little too closely. 
[/quote]
Yes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

TPIR audience member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 07:00:23 AM »
All 3 of them have papers in their hands.

They are contestant release forms.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

blockbusterfan

TPIR audience member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »
You mean they want to get paid for winning? That's a brilliant concept!

But nowadays, from what I've seen of TPIR, they do all the paperwork over in the "pit"(the area where the people complain they don't get on camera enough) after they win.

jmangin

TPIR audience member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 01:25:48 PM »
Those people were more than likely not winners, though.  They were probably the leftovers after the 6th IUFB.