Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Strange Job Titles  (Read 5533 times)

rebelwrest

Strange Job Titles
« on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:10 PM »
After last night's Jeopardy in which Britney Harris, originally from West Union, West Virginia (10 minutes from where I live), says her job title is a Dance Therapist in a Maximum Security Forensic Mental Hospital.  Now a group of us is playing where the heck does she work (location-wise), and this may be the weirdest job title ever.  The only one that comes to mind is more ironic that weird.  It is the guy who came on Match Game who owned a little motel in Encino.  Are there other weird job titles that have come up in game shows?
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Kevin Prather

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
Dance therapist in a Maximum Se...what the HELL?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Strange Job Titles
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 03:54:13 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 12:35 PM\']After last night's Jeopardy in which Britney Harris, originally from West Union, West Virginia (10 minutes from where I live), says her job title is a Dance Therapist in a Maximum Security Forensic Mental Hospital.  Now a group of us is playing where the heck does she work (location-wise), and this may be the weirdest job title ever.  The only one that comes to mind is more ironic that weird.  It is the guy who came on Match Game who owned a little motel in Encino.  Are there other weird job titles that have come up in game shows?
[/quote]
God, my aching head.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »
Ironically, the only part of that that I understood was the part where he misused the word "ironic."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Strange Job Titles
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 04:23:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 02:35 PM\']Now a group of us is playing where the heck does she work (location-wise)
[snapback]92051[/snapback]
[/quote]
That may be scarier than anything.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvrandywest

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 04:31:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 12:23 PM\'][quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 02:35 PM\']Now a group of us is playing where the heck does she work
[/quote]
[snapback]92059[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was a Goodson Todman panel show that never made it:
"What's My... Address?"

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

aaron sica

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 04:40:46 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 03:35 PM\']After last night's Jeopardy in which Britney Harris, originally from West Union, West Virginia (10 minutes from where I live), says her job title is a Dance Therapist in a Maximum Security Forensic Mental Hospital.  Now a group of us is playing where the heck does she work (location-wise), and this may be the weirdest job title ever.  The only one that comes to mind is more ironic that weird.  It is the guy who came on Match Game who owned a little motel in Encino.  Are there other weird job titles that have come up in game shows?
[/quote]

You're not by chance, related to Mario500, are you?

clemon79

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 04:58:29 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 01:31 PM\']It was a Goodson Todman panel show that never made it:
"What's My... Address?"
[/quote]
"Please welcome our next contetstant, Mrs. Ethel Schwanz of Hackensack, New Jersey! Oh, dammit!"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 04:58:54 PM by clemon79 »

rebelwrest

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 05:07:29 PM »
Thanks for the critique of my writing, and I will look up the definition of irony.

Also, I swear on the driving skills of Janice Pennington that that is the actual job title that came out of Alex's mouth.

Anyway, lets get back to the question at hand.  Also, I remember on the 4000th episode of Wheel that featured a guy who was a clown/mortician.

aaron sica

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 06:28:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 04:31 PM\']It was a Goodson Todman panel show that never made it:
"What's My... Address?"

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]92062[/snapback]
[/quote]

Reminds me of watching some of the old Cullen PiR's, and some of the various things I remember seeing that would NEVER happen in this day and age, like:

* Bill Cullen drawing the name of a home viewer, and giving out their ENTIRE ADDRESS (including street location!).
* Bill Cullen giving the winner of a trip the addresses of the other three contestants so postcards could be sent to them.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 06:28:53 PM by aaron sica »

clemon79

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 07:59:30 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 02:07 PM\']Also, I remember on the 4000th episode of Wheel that featured a guy who was a clown
[/quote]
Well, that makes two of you.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Strange Job Titles
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 08:31:48 PM »
a Goodson Todman panel show that never made it:
"What's My... Address?"
One Beekman Place

rebelwrest

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 09:56:49 PM »
Clemon thanks for calling me a clown.  I would have rather been called the mortician.  Anyway, would you like to teach me about how to write on the game show blog.

garffreak

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 11:54:44 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 08:56 PM\']Anyway, would you like to teach me about how to write on the game show blog.
[snapback]92083[/snapback]
[/quote]
I really do not think that is possible.  Modern science is not that advanced.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 11:55:18 PM by garffreak »

Ian Wallis

Strange Job Titles
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »
Reminds me of watching some of the old Cullen PiR's, and some of the various things I remember seeing that would NEVER happen in this day and age, like:

* Bill Cullen drawing the name of a home viewer, and giving out their ENTIRE ADDRESS (including street location!).

I noticed that too...and wondered if those people could still be at that address.  It was only 40 years ago...some people do stay at an address for that long.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!