Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Eternia News Network...Sabrina the Teenage B**ch..  (Read 4422 times)

JMFabiano

Eternia News Network...Sabrina the Teenage B**ch..
« on: April 24, 2005, 11:58:18 PM »
Anyone see Robot Chicken tonight?  They did a E!THS skit about the Hulk, and one scene has him "from the '80s" playing Pyramid (should be $25K/$100K, but has $10K/$20K values in WC).  

From the commercials, it looks like there will be a PYL scene in the future too...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 02:16:16 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 24 2005, 10:58 PM\']From the commercials, it looks like there will be a PYL scene in the future too...
[snapback]83184[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've seen that clip, and keep wondering if it's aired yet. According to TVTome, I don't think it has.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

roadgeek

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »
Here's a screenshot of the "Big Board", taken from the Robot Chicken promo.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 01:29:23 PM »
But, but...that CAN'T be an accurate board! $5,000 has NEVER been in the top left corner!  And the prize is where the $5,000 slide should be!!!Did they EVER watch the show?! Geez!!

Oh well, back to my girlfriend, Rosy Palmer.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

LA the DJ

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 06:04:09 PM »
The PYL type show also made an appearace breifly in the "Real World Metropolis" sketch, the superheros were watching it on TV.
Creator Seth Green is in his 20's (I believe) so, like us, he grew up on these shows.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 09:11:06 PM »
Only vaguely related, but this reminded me of a story The Daily Show did last week on the revamped food pyramid, which had a nicely-formatted "The 2500 Calorie Pyramid" graphic. They spend way too much time at TDS on those inset graphics.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 12:53:39 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 12:29 PM\']But, but...that CAN'T be an accurate board! $5,000 has NEVER been in the top left corner!  And the prize is where the $5,000 slide should be!!!Did they EVER watch the show?! Geez!!
[snapback]83221[/snapback]
[/quote]

You must be really obsessed with the placement of dollar values to miss the fact that the board had NO WHAMMIES at all!  And people say that's the only thing anyone remembers about PYL...really!
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Casey Buck

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 12:56:45 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 09:53 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 12:29 PM\']But, but...that CAN'T be an accurate board! $5,000 has NEVER been in the top left corner!  And the prize is where the $5,000 slide should be!!!Did they EVER watch the show?! Geez!!
[snapback]83221[/snapback]
[/quote]

You must be really obsessed with the placement of dollar values to miss the fact that the board had NO WHAMMIES at all!  And people say that's the only thing anyone remembers about PYL...really!
[snapback]83288[/snapback]
[/quote]

WHOOSH!

Gromit

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 03:16:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 09:56 PM\']WHOOSH!
[snapback]83289[/snapback]
[/quote]

If everybody wasn't so damn quick to criticise or bitch, they'd pick up on things like when folks like JMFabiano are playing along with the joke.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 03:28:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 02:16 AM\'][quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 09:56 PM\']WHOOSH!
[snapback]83289[/snapback]
[/quote]

If everybody wasn't so damn quick to criticise or bitch, they'd pick up on things like when folks like JMFabiano are playing along with the joke.
[snapback]83292[/snapback]
[/quote]

Umm...I had to read the post a couple of times myself, but it really does seem like James missed the joke. I'm not saying he did, but I didn't pick up on any sarcasm that he might've dropped in addition to mine.

BTW, saying WHOOOOSH is not criticism or bitching.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 03:30:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 02:16 AM\']If everybody wasn't so damn quick to criticise or bitch....
[/quote]
And yet, here you are, criticizing Casey.  PKB.

And, since I have no clue...what is Robot Chicken?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 03:40:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 02:30 AM\']And, since I have no clue...what is Robot Chicken?
[snapback]83299[/snapback]
[/quote]

A 10- or 15-minute claymation show that airs Sunday nites on AdultSwim (right after "Family Guy"). The show consists of a bunch of short skits, and it's co-created by Seth Green (Dr. Evil's son in "Austin Powers"), and is extremely random, but funny as hell.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:27 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'Apr 26 2005, 02:16 AM\'][quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 09:56 PM\']WHOOSH!
[/quote]

[/quote]

If he's playing along with the joke of being an obsessive PYL nut, then saying that the board has no whammies makes no sense. There is a 2.6% chance that a random shot of the 80s board will have 0 whammies showing.

NOW who's a nut? (Um . . . wait a second . . .)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 09:07:19 AM »
Bumping this up, but to the Robot Chicken fans here, does anyone know whether the PYL episode aired? AFAIK, there's 2 references, one with a "Real World" superhero parody where the superheroes are watching PYL, and then a more direct parody, with some dude who looks like the Hulk. I'm looking for the latter, which was featured in Adult Swim promos, and which someone had a screenshot (which no longer works).

tyshaun1

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 25 2005, 09:07 AM\']Bumping this up, but to the Robot Chicken fans here, does anyone know whether the PYL episode aired? AFAIK, there's 2 references, one with a "Real World" superhero parody where the superheroes are watching PYL, and then a more direct parody, with some dude who looks like the Hulk. I'm looking for the latter, which was featured in Adult Swim promos, and which someone had a screenshot (which no longer works).
[snapback]92214[/snapback]
[/quote]

TTBOMK, it did not. Me thinks it may have been part of an unaired pilot or some sort, however, they did air every other part of the initial promo.

Tyshaun