Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Current TPIR stage show host?  (Read 5645 times)

FOXSportsFan

Current TPIR stage show host?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 09:00:45 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jul 15 2005, 03:14 PM\']I am planning to go August 19th.  If anyone wants to meet up, post here I guess.
[snapback]91517[/snapback]
[/quote]

Let the record state I plan to go their after August 20...my 21st bday, hehe.  So, hey if I don't get on stage...at least I can drown my sorrows...at the blackjack table.

Timsterino

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 09:41:48 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jul 15 2005, 04:14 PM\']I am planning to go August 19th.  If anyone wants to meet up, post here I guess.
[snapback]91517[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is a nice coincidence. Goongas, tentatively Erika and I will be in Atlantic City from 8/18 - 8/21. We would love to finally meet you. E-mail me please at timerika@bellsouth.net.

Tim :-)

cmjb13

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 11:37:37 PM »
[quote name=\'asertv\' date=\'Jul 24 2005, 09:16 PM\']TPIR Live's 7PM show on 7-29 in Atlantic City will be show #500... the first milestone for the show since it began in September 2003... just in case anyone is attending that show.
[snapback]92183[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not true.

Having been to 2 shows last Sunday and tonight, last Sunday (7/17) had shows #500/501.

For those who have been to the show last year, the contestant selection is different. The millionaire keypads are gone. Pre-show registration consists of guessing the price of 2 prizes from various years. You have 15 seconds for each guess. Of course, there is no stopping someone from asking someone in line what those 2 items are and calling a friend to find price ranges. Only thing that will really do is give you more time and a more accurate guess.

Todd is there for another week or two, until Summers works a week with Rosen, then Randy comes aboard. Tood will be doing some shows after Summers leaves. And if Race Game is still there when Summers is there I guess we can look forward to him kicking off the game with "On your Mark, get set, Go!"

Another run at Harrah's seems to kick off in November.

Randy, is Summers doing the entire run while you are there?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 06:15:14 AM »
[quote name=\'asertv\' date=\'Jul 24 2005, 11:55 PM\']Actually, that *is* true, as Randy can verify I do work with the show.
[/quote]
I'm not doubting you.

Hmmm. Were you the Scott who worked the merchandise stand at the end of the show? (I'm not being insulting, just inquiring)

Although Todd *always* says "this is our 500th sold out show," he says that just for audience response.  He's been saying that for over a year and a half now.  But, in fact, AC show 131 (this friday) *is* TPIR Live show #500 - for the record.
OK then. I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 06:55:38 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 09:41:40 AM »
[quote name=\'asertv\' date=\'Jul 25 2005, 09:27 AM\']I'm not doubting you.

Hmmm. Were you the Scott who worked the merchandise stand at the end of the show? (I'm not being insulting, just inquiring)

--------------------

No offense taken, but yes, that's me.  I'm in charge of the running of the games during the show, as well as the on-screen graphics.  Having been with the live show since the first day, I can say it's been one heck of a 2-year ride so far.  Oh, the shirts are cool too.
[snapback]92215[/snapback]
[/quote]
You may not remember this, but I chatted with you briefly about the show at TVC last October.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 09:41:48 AM by cmjb13 »

Shredder

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 02:29:29 PM »
Hey Guys,

Looks like we may be there the weekend of August 20th.  Where do we order tickets for the show and anyone know how much they are?

cmjb13

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 25 2005, 02:29 PM\']Hey Guys,

Looks like we may be there the weekend of August 20th.  Where do we order tickets for the show and anyone know how much they are?
[snapback]92234[/snapback]
[/quote]
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/920498/...ce%20is%20right

Tickets are $25. Buying them in person costs $25 flat. Ticketmaster has the obvious surcharges. (almost $10 more)

I would suggest if you decide to go to 2 shows in the same day to buy tickets for both shows at the same time.

Last Sunday, I bought tickets for both shows. When the 1st show was over, and the people I met up with wanted to go to the 2nd show, all the tickets were gone.

You can keep an eye out for cancellations.

tvrandywest

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 05:42:39 PM »
Aloha from The Garden Isle, Kuwai! I'm looking forward to running up and down the Golden Aisles in AC in just a couple of weeks. And thanks to Scott for the warning about the new showroom's layout! And yes, Scott makes TPiR-Live hum.  He executes all the game play during the show, in addition to handling a ton of pre-production work.

Marc  Summers and I haven't worked together since "Couch Potatoes". He and I have a number of things in common, and it will be fun sharing the stage with Marc. And having my buddy Todd return during my tenure is sweeter than a shot of Midori. So I hope the Big Boarders will "Come on Down"!

Meanwhile, the long boarders are surfing just outside my window, there's a kayak nearby in need of paddling, and more Hawaiian shirts to buy at Hilo Hattie's.

See ya soon - Aloha!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 03:01:01 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 06:13:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 28 2005, 04:42 PM\']Meanwhile, the big boarders are surfing just outside my window, there's a kayak nearby in need of paddling, and more Hawaiian shirts to buy at Hiko Hattie's.

See ya soon - Aloha!
[snapback]92551[/snapback]
[/quote]

...and save up some Hawaiian lays for all the Invision peeps that see ya at TPIR Live, too!!! hehehe
-Sanford

Steve McClellan

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 07:04:44 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'Jul 28 2005, 03:13 PM\']...and save up some Hawaiian lays for all the Invision peeps that see ya at TPIR Live, too!!! hehehe
[/quote]
And best of luck in getting some of those "Hawaiian lays". ;)

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 10:05:35 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 28 2005, 04:42 PM\']
Marc  Summers and I haven't worked together since "Couch Potatoes". He and I have a number of things in common, and it will be fun sharing the stage with Marc.

[/quote]

Wow!  Hard to believe that you and Summers have not worked together in over 15 years, and yet you two are some of the most active game show people outside of the studios.  You'd think you'd be running into each other every other year or so.

[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 28 2005, 04:42 PM\']Meanwhile, the big boarders are surfing just outside my window, there's a kayak nearby in need of paddling, and more Hawaiian shirts to buy at Hilo Hattie's.

[/quote]

I'm envious that you're over in Kauai -- I loved it when I was there!  I might try to make a trip out to AC in Sept.  So pick up some Bubba Burgers at Hanalei and don't touch the tiki idols!

Timsterino

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 01:36:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 25 2005, 02:29 PM\']Hey Guys,

Looks like we may be there the weekend of August 20th.  Where do we order tickets for the show and anyone know how much they are?
[snapback]92234[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well it is a definite for Erika and I. We are meeting up with Goongas at the 8/19 show at 7:00pm. We also have tickets for the 8/18 7PM show and the 8/19 10:00pm show. We are still on the fence for the 21st, we will probably just buy the tickets there if we go. This is our first time seeing the show since we went to Reno two years ago and saw Todd and Daniel. We look forward to seeing Randy and Mark work their magic.  If you are coming out there at that time, e-mail me. We would love to say hi,  timerika@bellsouth.net .
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 01:36:53 PM by Timsterino »