Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud Question  (Read 3359 times)

JayDLewis

Feud Question
« on: July 27, 2005, 05:57:33 PM »
I saw something on Feud the other day that I never thought about before.

2 of the lower answers had the same score (which is pretty common, as I think of it). What happens if the players in the face-off get a tied* answer? Tangentially related, how do they decide which answer goes where when there is a tie*?

*By tied, I mean the same number of people surveyed gave a particular answer.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Steve McClellan

Feud Question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 02:57 PM\']I saw something on Feud the other day that I never thought about before.

2 of the lower answers had the same score (which is pretty common, as I think of it). What happens if the players in the face-off get a tied* answer? Tangentially related, how do they decide which answer goes where when there is a tie*?[/quote]
First player to give a tied answer wins the face-off (which made for some awkward explanations when the second answer was in a higher position); and not a frickin' clue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 06:16:53 PM by Steve McClellan »

tyshaun1

Feud Question
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 06:16:25 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 05:57 PM\']I saw something on Feud the other day that I never thought about before.

2 of the lower answers had the same score (which is pretty common, as I think of it). What happens if the players in the face-off get a tied* answer? Tangentially related, how do they decide which answer goes where when there is a tie*?

*By tied, I mean the same number of people surveyed gave a particular answer.
[snapback]92443[/snapback]
[/quote]
I know this has been answered before, but it's simply determined by who buzzed in first. My guess for the second part: alphabetical?

Tyshaun

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Feud Question
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 07:41:26 PM »
I know it's not alphabetical now (did it used to be that way in past incarnations?). Another guess: Maybe they decide which answer will have more "punch" and place it last among the tied answers. Maybe?

--
Scott Robinson

FOXSportsFan

Feud Question
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 08:00:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 05:15 PM\'][quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 02:57 PM\']I saw something on Feud the other day that I never thought about before.

2 of the lower answers had the same score (which is pretty common, as I think of it). What happens if the players in the face-off get a tied* answer? Tangentially related, how do they decide which answer goes where when there is a tie*?[/quote]
First player to give a tied answer wins the face-off (which made for some awkward explanations when the second answer was in a higher position); and not a frickin' clue.
[snapback]92446[/snapback]
[/quote]

Makes sense and if there's a flaw in the Feud format, that tie scenario may be as close as you come to finding one, well this side of the casting of Louie Anderson as curmudgeon...errr host that is...PLAY FOOD...err FEUD!

Don Howard

Feud Question
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 05:15 PM\'][quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 02:57 PM\']I saw something on Feud the other day that I never thought about before.
[snapback]92446[/snapback]
[/quote]
So what would happen would be this? "That's #2. One answer will beat it. Oh, look. It really tied for #1 for the number of respondents. Guess you don't have the pass/play option after all since he rang in first. Aw, sorry. Go back with your family and think of a steal".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:04:17 PM by Don Howard »

Steve McClellan

Feud Question
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 10:11:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 07:02 PM\']So what would happen would be this? "That's #2. One answer will beat it. Oh, look. It really tied for #1 for the number of respondents. Guess you don't have the pass/play option after all since he rang in first. Aw, sorry. Go back with your family and think of a steal".[/quote]
Yes, that's it.

<hoping to goodness that wasn't a rhetorical question>

TV Favorites

Feud Question
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 12:07:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 10:02 PM\']So what would happen would be this? "That's #2. One answer will beat it. Oh, look. It really tied for #1 for the number of respondents. Guess you don't have the pass/play option after all since he rang in first. Aw, sorry. Go back with your family and think of a steal".
[snapback]92480[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just saw on a rerun of Feud where the #1 and #2 answers were tied for number of responses.  When the family members came up to face off, before reading the question, Richard said that the top 2 answers were actually tied for the number of responses so if the first player that buzzed in guessed #2, there would be no chance to top them.

Kevin Prather

Feud Question
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 12:17:25 AM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 09:07 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 27 2005, 10:02 PM\']So what would happen would be this? "That's #2. One answer will beat it. Oh, look. It really tied for #1 for the number of respondents. Guess you don't have the pass/play option after all since he rang in first. Aw, sorry. Go back with your family and think of a steal".
[snapback]92480[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just saw on a rerun of Feud where the #1 and #2 answers were tied for number of responses.  When the family members came up to face off, before reading the question, Richard said that the top 2 answers were actually tied for the number of responses so if the first player that buzzed in guessed #2, there would be no chance to top them.
[snapback]92488[/snapback]
[/quote]

But Don's scenario happened on Louie's version once.

Jay Temple

Feud Question
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 01:52:21 PM »
For several years during the Dawson era, I collected the questions.  I can tell you that for most of that time answers that had the same value were listed alphabetically.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.